Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Down And Out

Yeah I've been down and out for a little bit

Good news is I haven't gained, I'm sitting at 188 and recommitting myself. Just went to Gold's Gym today and signed up for a membership, orientation is tomorrow and I'm really excited. It's been a few years since I've been a member of a gym and I used to absolutely love to go. It's simply gotten to cold and icy for me to run outside anymore (although I still do see some hardcore runners out there in the below freezing weather!) and I'm also hoping that if I'm paying for it (and it's pretty pricey) that'll be some incentive to go too.

Oh yeah and I have a confession to make too.....I had Burger King for lunch today!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

You weren't down and out, you've been successfully practicing maintenance. See, don't you feel better about it?

The Burger King is inexcusable. If you're going to have fast food then Carl's Jr. is the only acceptable splurge.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

You've managed to maintain, which is definitely okay! Congrats on finding your new committment.

PS. An occasional Burger King splurge won't hurt you. Now, if you tell us you're doing this everyday, you might have a problem!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #4  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
The Burger King is inexcusable. If you're going to have fast food then Carl's Jr. is the only acceptable splurge.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #5  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post

Or In 'n' Out. But I guess they don't have those in Jersey.

Wisher - I've been there. I AM there. Think of it as maintenance, practicing before you get to the final number/goal. For me it has been frustrating but great to know that I can do it, and when I get to 145 or wherever, I can stay there. For me, that knowledge has been invaluable. GOOD LUCK!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

If you are loser or just staying put, that is success in my book!!! Not Down and out, just Down and STAYING THERE!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #7  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

THANKS ALL!

Going to the gym today was really great! I used my 1 free session with a personal trainer and she did all the base stuff like recording my weight, all my measurements, calculating my BMI, BMR, RHR, body fat% etc. etc. then i did a 15 minutes warm up on the treadmill and she brought me through the whole circuit of weight machines (arms, legs, back and abs) and taught me correct positioning, breathing and all that. It was really informative. She filled out a whole chart (and i'm supposed to fill it out every day I go) and a plan for how much i should be working out, what i should be doing each day, etc. I wish I could work with a personal trainer regularly but it's $65 a pop so maybe just once a month or something like that!

On a good note I found out that although i'm very heavy for my height and my BMI is quite high my body fat percentage is almost normal!! (explains how a 5'5" woman like myself can weigh 190 and be a size 12!)

Can't wait to go back tomorrow for some serious cardio!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote