Old 12-17-2007, 01:15 AM   #1  

Default I guess that's what I deserve

I know, I don't post as much as I should, but holidays are just crazy, as I'm sure you can all understand.

I have been doing incredibly well lately. With all the stress that has been happening since Sept., I have bounced between 300-310. A few weeks ago, I decided I was just plain tired of that, so I kicked my own butt into gear. As of today, I am back to 299 (sigh of relief there). The other day my cousin was in town and he suggested we stop at McDonalds for dinner. I have not visited a fast food place in quite a while, so I figured I could get something, and not feel TOO guilty about it. Wrong! My body was so not used to the greasy mess of food I threw into it, it decided to throw it right back out. I spent about 30 minutes total getting to know the porcelain bowl up close and personal. Gross, yes. But also a little reminder that what I am doing for my body by avoiding all that fat is terrific. And when I toss junk into it, I feel like crap. So it is safe to say, I will not be stopping by to get any fast food anytime soon, unless it happens to be Subway. I shouldn't have stopped in the first place. But at least I learned my lesson. It is one I do not wish to repeat.

A side note...happy holidays, everyone! I think about you guys all the time. Even if I am not posting often, I am still around and reading on a regular basis.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 AM   #2  
I'm going to do it!!!!

S/C/G: 233/233/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Sorry to hear about u being so miserable, but on a good note, u know u have those toxic foods out of ur system! Any pointers on giving up the fast foods?? I have low will power, and we are accustomed to eating out, and I am trying to give it up, but its hard!

And Merry Christmas to u too!!!
KiraNichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:22 AM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Congrats on 299!!!

Sounds like Mickey D's is a lesson you won't soon forget! To me - that says a lot for you and all your hard work that your body recognizes crap when it gets it.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Winterstarzz, it is so good to hear from you! And, to hear that you're on-plan and doing well is awesome. Happy Holiday's to you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  

KiraNichole - I was very much used to going out and grabbing dinner many times a week. I tend to be lacking in the willpower area, too. So the only way I could do it is get busy. I tried to fill up my time as much as possible, so I would have less time to worry about food. I made sure that when I was with my friends, we had stuff to make around the house so we wouldn't have to go out and get something. I thought it was going to be horrible, but I kept myself so busy, I really didn't even think about it that often. The only time I struggle with it is when I am at home by myself. Then it just comes down to be strong and knowing when to say no to yourself.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations, Toni, on treating your body well enough that it knows better now than to accept what you used to feed it. Not a pleasant experience, but one that sounds like it will keep you on the right track.

KiraNichole - Giving up fast food is a challenge for so many of us. But, at least for me, it was often just a convenience rather than something I genuinely enjoyed. Truly, how many people use the words "delicious" or "scrumptious" to describe a cheeseburger from McDonald's? (The French fries - maybe...) It's not about will power. It's about commitment and planning. If you normally stop on the way home from work, for example, why not plan to have a healthy snack prepared and packed that you can eat on the way home? If it's normally a quick fix for dinner, why not plan to have something in your house that meets the criteria you need? For example, I don't like to spend a lot of time cooking, so I have multiple options for either a quick-fix meal or even something that I don't have to prepare, like cereal, fruit, and yogurt. Planning and determination will succeed where will power won't. I don't know many people who find it easy to turn down unhealthy food when they're starving and don't have any other options. The trick is to make sure that you have those other options. (Being careful not to let yourself get to the point where you're ravenous helps, too.)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #7  
I'm going to do it!!!!

Thanks for the tips! Its out of convience more than anything, and DH is also a culprit! We both enjoy being able to go sit and eat, no dirty dishes, no cooking late at night, it's convenient, like I said. Although I do love my mexican and my steakhouse, those are my pitfalls!!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Jamie - I can completely relate to what you're saying about all of the work involved in preparing and cleaning up after a meal. It's time consuming and can be unpleasant. So maybe you invest in some plastic dishes? That's what you're using with fast food anyway. That way, you only have the meal preparation dishes to clean. Or perhaps you investigate healthier options when you eat out. I know several restaurants where I can choose something that is completely on plan for me. Or maybe you even **gasp** bite the bullet and decide that doing dishes is a worthwhile price for your health and your figure. Lots of choices.

After those first ten pounds come off and you realize how possible this is, you'll begin to think it's completely insane to bargain your health away for what you're getting in return.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #9  
I'm going to do it!!!!

The more I come here, the more I c how unwanted it all is. I's worth the extra time for my health and my weight, I c all ur progresses, and pics, and it just motivates me even more to give up all the unhealthy crap we eat and take in...

I so need this kick in the butt!!!