General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Default How SAD is it that...

the general critique of Ms Britney Spears last night at the VMAs was, amongst other things, that she was too FAT.
I thought she looked healthy and curvy. I wish I looked like that. What a sad commentary on our society when her figure is deemed to be "too heavy".
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #2  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

No joke! I hope I look that good once I pop out two kids! I thought she looked great, very healthy and curvy!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I was bothered by the "fat" thing,...she is NOT FAT.

That said, she was dressed disgustingly (for a woman of ANY size) and her performance was horrid.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #4  
banned

Deliberately NOT addressing her performance, my concern was that the media really zeroed in on her "fatness". I thought that was shameful. I wouldn't be comfortable wearing what she did, but if you think of it as per a bikini, and you saw her on the beach, I think you'd think she was fab...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I don't think that fat was the right word but she did look very puffy, flabby and out of shape. Being in shape is her job; her career is based on it, not on her marginal voice.

There is nothing wrong with her look that sleep, exercise, no drugs and alcohol and decent food wouldn't take care of. You shouldn't look that used up at 25.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #6  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
Deliberately NOT addressing her performance, my concern was that the media really zeroed in on her "fatness". I thought that was shameful. I wouldn't be comfortable wearing what she did, but if you think of it as per a bikini, and you saw her on the beach, I think you'd think she was fab...
This is true...she wasn't fat by any stretch of the imagination.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i could care less about how she looked...but the fact that she gave a crappy performace. **** at least back when she lipsynched she had one killer dance routine...last night not only was she pathetically lipsynching, but she tripped multiple times, she could barely move and she looked as if she just didn't want to be there. It was a below mediocere performance. I was very disappointed, i missed the beginning of design star to see that piece of crap called an act. I could care less what she was wearing, just the fact taht she couldn't dance and she seemed so disinterested. very very sad. I think that may have killed brits career.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #8  
banned

The point, I guess, of my post was to see if anyone else felt it was sad that a person of normal weight and normal curves was ridiculed on TV for "not being thin enough". Ms. Spears' performance, or lack of, or difficulties in her personal life really wasn't supposed to be the focus of this post. In hindsight, I should have identified her as "performer X", because the issue that I had trouble with was with outlets such as Fox network and the new TMZ show, who showed her performance accompanied by "MOOING" sounds. That's right, TMZ showed her performance and literally compared her to a cow because of her size.
Personally, I think that is outrageous. What a mean-spirited thing to do...
Just my humble opinion...

Last edited by freiamaya; 09-10-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Yes the commentary that she looked "paunchy" really ticked me off. It certainly made me wonder what I would be called. I think she looks quite good bodywise for popping out two kids back to back like that and for the abuse her body has been put under with all of her problems lately ex:rehab. She did look tired though and her performance wasn't very good.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:23 AM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I think people are being too mean to her. When she was on the top everyone wanted to be her...now that the idiot ex totally messed her up...all they want to do is rag on her. I really do feel for her because he did a number on her.

About her being fat...I didn't think she looked fat...but what I think is people are thinking of her before her babies and her figure then. They thought she looked good, and was GREAT!

I've never been a fan of her but again...they are too harsh.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 AM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I didn't see her performance but I did see that get-up she was wearing online. I would love to have that body today than the one I have now. She looks pretty darn good after having had 2 kids.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:32 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Britney looks better now than in some of the pictures when she was overly skinny.

Last edited by redlight; 09-11-2007 at 01:38 AM. Reason: added word
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:48 AM   #13  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

MAN! If THAT is "flabby" and "fat", then, what the heck are most of the women here and across America called?

Her body looked fit, healthy, shapely and strong (and she seemed drugged/detached ).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:58 AM   #14  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

well she does look flabbier than she has in the past. She was all muscle in her hey-day. I think she's pretty much lost it forever, but I never liked her in the first place. Fat though? No! I'M FAT. The media and society really need to get their heads screwed on straight!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

I don't think she was "fat" by any means, but I think a little too thick to be wearing a bra and panties to dance in on stage. It takes a SUPER body to pull that off!
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote