General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #1  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Default I think i remember now what encouraged me to lose weight..

When i was bigger, i bought a load of clothes and nearly everything i bought was a bit tight and i thought to myself "these will fit me soon". lol, they did fit eventually. i think maybe thats a really good idea to make yourself lose weight..
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Large/medium/small

Height: 5'6

I bought a Joy Division t-shirt from ebay a few months back. A size XL!
hahahaha
I don't know what I was thinking because no way would it fit me but now it is tucked away until March. By then I hope I will be able to wear it in style!
endlessly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes, maybe. I did that for years, but just kept getting fatter, and fatter...

Now that I've lost most of the weight, however, I'm starting to fit into those clothes! So what if it took me eight years??
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

That is a good way to start, the only bad thing is that when I bought clothes that "almost fit" I ended up donating them because they never ended up fitting.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidiculouslyAddicted View Post
Sometimes, maybe. I did that for years, but just kept getting fatter, and fatter...

Now that I've lost most of the weight, however, I'm starting to fit into those clothes! So what if it took me eight years??

I had a pair of jeans that I LOVED and I kept them everytime I gained weight. They were my "skinny jeans" that I couldnt wait to get back in to. They had two side seams instead of one so they really were slimming too (a seam at the hipbone instead of all the way around to the side)

One day I was so proud that I got back in to them and I wore them and a coworkers actually said "The 80's called and they want their jeans back!" Oh yeah...they were complete acid wash flashdance jeans.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I did that with my clothes, but I did it purposely AFTER deciding to lose weight. I'd buy one expensive outfit that I really really loved, and I'd get it a size smaller than I wore. I'd hang that sucker on the front of my dresser so I'd see it every day and HAVE to try it on every day...until the day it finally fit. Then I'd go shopping for another outfit. It was part of my motivation to keep going.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote