General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Army Wives I Need Help

Please help i know nothing about being an army wife and my husband leaves as soon as next week for basic training
HOW DID YOU COPE
i have 5 kids (one is a graddaughter we are adopting) and im staying in my house we just bought and i have to so im scared all i do is cry i dont know what to expect? any adivce
thank you
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Have your husband call his recruiter and ask what services are available to help spouses. Every base has a system set-up to help out. Join the wives group for whatever base he ends up at.

Good luck. My best friend is a navy wife and it took her awhile to get acclimated but now she is truly one of the most self-sufficient can-do people I've ever met. You can be too.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #3  
Work it, Girl!!

S/C/G: 160/157.2/115

Height: 5'4''

There is a great support system for military wives. I'm a Navy wife myself. You can check with MilitaryWives dot you-know-what, or CinCHouse dot you-know-what. I've always found ideas, support, and warmth at those message boards. Also, once you know where your husband will be stationed, get in touch with the Family Services at that base, and make sure you're involved!! Don't be scared, and don't feel alone...because you aren't. You could even find out a few of the other girls whose husbands will be in bootcamp with yours!!
humbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #4  

thanks ladies the only problem is his base will be very far away from us does that matter ?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Michelle, I'm an Army mom, not an Army wife. My son did his basic training 4 yrs. ago. He was able to start writing home after about 2 weeks and calling home that third week. We were of course very worried, but it was great when we got to hear from him. I am active in my son's Family support group and it really helps to just be with others that are going through the same thing.

I know this must be very hard for you. Hold your head high and be proud that your DH will be in the military. We need more good men to take that plunge. I am very proud of my son even though it's hard for me when he's away. I know he has chosen a path that he feels strongly about. I wish you all the best and if there's anything I can do to help, don't be afraid to ask.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #6  

thank you ladies i guess he went today and they are saying we have too many kids? wtf i mean he's only going in to cover his pay i mean im still gonna work full time etc i guess the recruiter said well they are looking at total cost of the family if my husband doesnt get in we are gonna have to foreclose our home we are at that point i dont know what to do and he's ready to drive off a cliff poor guy
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Can't help much MICHELLE but I will put you on my prayer list!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #8  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Michelle my hubbie just retired from the military after 26 years.

We have never heard anyone being turned down because they have 5 kids.

I wish you all the best. Hope everything works out.

There's a military spouses thread in the support groups section. Why don't you post in there. There's quite a few army spouses that post on the thread.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #9  

Thank you everyone it looks like he's going to find out everything next week what he quailifies for and BTW yes they wont take over 3 kids you would REALLY have to push it so we are lucky that my oldest will be 18 next week and the new baby still is not in our names YET so thank you and yes i will check the other threads