General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default Well they offered......

Well as some of you know I had a first interview with Aflac. Then after a week they called and asked if I would come in for the 2nd interview with my hubby. I agreed and today was the day. They offered me the position on the spot (which she said they very rarely do). She said to take some time to discuss it with my family and let her know. After a long discussion with my husband we decided that I should accept. So I emailed her my references and I let her know I would accept the position. She told us that she interviewed "a lot" of candidates in my area and never felt any of them would work, so she had never gotten to offer the position to someone yet, and that I was the first. Sales isnt a career I set out after..but I must be pretty good. Last month I managed to make more than anyone else in my current company. (including all three owners!)

I am scared, but excited! The income potential is super, but the fact that I am 100% commission is scary. It does seem that they have a great training and support system to help you along which is NICE.

Has anyone else been in a position that is 100% commission? My husband said he is 110% behind me on this and that he thinks it is a good move for us.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!! I WILL NEED IT
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/172/142

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations! There are a lot of resources (books, websites) that will help. the main thing is to set up a system that works for you that follows up on leads, keeps you making cold calls, and helps you stay on top of good customer service/follow up. You probably have all this figured out already, by the sounds of things. (The company probably has lots of advice on this for you too.) I hope this works out very well for you!
tj north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

Thanks! I do have a system that I use for my current employer that helps with leads/followup and sales. So that part I am not worried about (much..lol) and I do think they will offer loads of assistance!

Like I said I am excited and nervous both. I only started working again this year, and my husband is already self employed so this could get interesting....
Old 08-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #5  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

WOW! You go girl! It takes a whole lot of guts to do what you do. I could never make cold calls or sell something. I prefer to stay at my cube and do the "technical" work. I'm in insurance too - hospital contracting. If a hospital has a problem getting a claim paid, or paid right and they haven't had any luck with Customer Service, they come to me. I kind of get a kick out of telling the Claim Dept where they screwed up. And since I used to audit the claims that they paid, they know I pretty much know what I'm talking about. But!!! If I win the Mega Millions tonight, I'm not going to work on Monday.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Here is some GOOD LUCK and PRAYERS for you dear!

:
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #7  
Gettin Closer!!

Well ShyMoment, I dont know yet if I will like it. I still have to take my insurance test and get licensed so it will be 6-8 weeks before I would start training. And, I am going to use that time to really think about this choice...I may end up staying where I am at. But then again you never know, I may really like it and move on to better things....