Old 07-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #1  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 7/16-22

Wow! This thread really has some great losers! Let's try to keep each other on track this week...

Please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits?

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week?
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #2  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I'm not going to weigh again until my birthday on July 27
How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):Not very well. I worked out but I ate things I should not have. And did not drink nearly as much water.
What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):My new class starts on Tue/Thu and it lasts for 7 weeks, I'm still working toward finding my workout routine.
If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? Gosh that is a hard one. I guess I would say to stay focused, that it might feel like an impossible challenge but I would tell myself "you can do it".
And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week?LOL, I can't share my before....until I do get a progress! Maybe by the end of summer I'll be up for it! Great idea, and what inspiration!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 206.5!!!!!!! I lost 3.5 pounds last week!!!!!!!! (And it's that TOM, too)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did 7/7 days with no eating past 9PM -- a perfect score. I was really firing on all cylinders last week!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): I'm going to keep the same goal because I don't think I can make the habit stick with just one week's practice.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? I would tell myself to be patient -- I didn't gain this all overnight, and it's not going to go away that fast, either.

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week? I can share a before pic, but I'm afraid the lens doesn't show much progress -- yet. Although people around me are starting to notice that I'm losing weight.

Last edited by queenjane; 07-16-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added my "before" pic.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #4  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default I love our new title!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 187 - I lost 4 pounds last week!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):I did manage to lose more weight than my goal and I am beginning to lose inches, or should I say partial inches, in my waist and chest

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): I want to get my exercise routine down pat and on schedule! such as cardio ___ number of days and weight training.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? Now this is a hard one since I am my own worst enemy! I guess I would have to tell myself that I am worth the effort of this new lifestyle and that I am going to feel great when I am able to walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breathe!

Hope everyone has a great day!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #5  
katallan

I keep forgetting to change my ticker!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): (edit 217.5 07/17/07) 219, I'm up two dammit, LOL! But, I'm not changing my tick-ticker until it's been a week that way. I usually do the same when it's reversed. =)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did it, technically, but I don't feel great about it -- I'm getting bored w/the cardio machines, Uh-oh. My goal was to exercise 5 out of seven days.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Since I'm getting bored with the gym routine, my goal is to go to the gym just 3x this week and add in two evening walks.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? I would tell myself that I have made great progress and to keep on, it'll happen.

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week? Yes, so long as I'm able to upload them. If you click on my profile there is a current picture of me, but the file was too big to upload as my avatar.

Last edited by hotmama2three; 07-17-2007 at 11:50 AM.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #7  

Nice to see you Queen Jane, that is a great photo, the colors are perfect and how cute is your lil guy!!

I tried to upload a couple of me, but they all apparently need to be resized -- not my strongsuit. I'll have to try again when I'm feeling patient. TFS!!

P.S. High five on having a great week, that is wonderful. May a little of your stick-to-it-ness rub off on us!

Last edited by hotmama2three; 07-16-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #8  
I can do it !!!!

Queen Jane - WOO HOO on the 3 LBS!
I have never been able to use the dancing carrot for myself, but am pleased to insert one on your behalf! You look great! I would never have guessed your weight from that photo. You really do look great.
Katallan -- Another dancing carrot going out to you!!!
FOUR POUNDS! You go girl!
HotMama- Don't worry about being up a little, we all know that is part of it.
But all of us are in this for the long haul and there will be dancing carrots all over the place for all of us!!!!!!

Just curious to everyone - it is 9pm, (EST) what did YOU eat today?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #9  

Thank you hotmama and 2Bthin for saying such nice things about me and my little guy.

What did I eat today? well...
  • oatmeal for breakfast
  • yogurt for morning snack
  • sushi rice salad and a banana for lunch
  • luna bar this afternoon
  • quasi-quesadillas (chicken/cheese/corn tortillas/salsa) for dinner and watermelon for dessert
  • trader joe's multigrain 100-calorie pack crackers for evening snack (before 9PM!

1643 calories, 18% fat, 62% carbs, 20% protein, 25g fiber (a little low).
Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #10  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

What's your weigh-in: 205.6 - down a few from the past couple of weeks.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did it, and I can't wait to do more! My goal was downward movement on the scale + a new focus on weight training. I hobbled around in pain a lot this week.

What's your goal this week: I'm going to say the same as last week, after queenjane's idea. This needs to be a habit!

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? I would say that not only will I be happier day to day when I shed some pounds, but if I can inspire just one friend or family member, it will have been even more worthwhile.

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week? Sure! I haven't lost enough to do any "after" piccies, but here's one of the recent "before" pics I have on my computer:

Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #11  

What a nice picture Ethereal, you and your bf look real cute together! Did you have to resize your pic to upload it? WTG, on the weightloss as well!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #12  
I can do it !!!!

Okay the before pics of everyone are great! I think I'll be worried about showing mine! NONE of you look the same as your weight!
Whereas, I do. In fact I look likea line backer. My chest is SO huge, before kids my chest was 36C, after kids I'm in a 40DD, probably the wrong size at that! But I can't stand this gigantic chest!! Nothing looks good on me.
And I have to be near inlaws in a couple of weeks who are going to whisper "My she really let herself go".
First time I met my inlaws (8 yrs ago), I was wearing cute bell-bottom low rise designer jeans, my flat belly showed, and I was wearing a tight white Gap tshirt, Vneck where my nice 36Cs showed! I had a FIGURE.
I know since I've had the kids they are all talking about me behind my back.
ANYWAY -- I love seeing everyones BEFORE PICS.
Sorry I havent' shared one yet!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #13  

Ethereal -- you & your bf look like a cute couple!

2B -- I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your "huge chest" comment about 40DD -- before my DS, I was a 38DD. After DS, I'm exploring realms of the bra cup alphabet that I never knew existed -- there are sizes beyond DD, and I'm wearing one! I'd kill for 40DD!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #14  
katallan

A major NSV for me! Last night after supper ( a small steak, fresh corn and salad) my DH decided he had to have a blast from Sonic. I told him I didn't want one and I wasn't going back to town. Well he went anyway and what did he come back with? TWO cookie dough blasts! Large ones!

I said I told you I didn't want anything! Well then he acted all hurt and said something like " I was just trying to be nice and I bought the kind I knew you would like. Aren't you going to eat it?" ( not the exact words as I was mad and having a hard time listening!).

Well I said NO! I am not hungry and I don't want it. Even though usually I would have eaten every bite, hungry or not!

My question is does anybody else have problems with the family trying to sabotoge your diet efforts?

By the way, I love everybodies pictures! When ( or if) I get my computer back I will post one of mine!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #15  

Katallan- it's different in my neck of the woods, but I sympathise as I have very little resistance to temptation. I would have groaned but eaten it straight away. Actually, my husband kinda acts as if he doesn't notice my fluctuations; although, he will tell me if he really likes what I'm wearing or really hates it (he hates brown, I love it). My family on the other hand is ever pestering me to trim down. Even my Mother who is heavy tells me how I should be doing it. My older sis is 5' 8" and size 4/6 -- can you hear me whine??

2B- I hear ya girl!! I was at a 40DDD, now I'm into a 38DDD, I could probably even go to the next bigger cup size if it wasn't so prohibitively, outrageously expensive (for just 1 bra!)!

And the inlaws, ugh! My M-in-law is ever out to get me and puts me down to other people all the time. I actually even caught her doing it once, that was something! I too used to be slender and sexy before kids, although I've always had to work at the slender part, but I was for a long time. Sorry if I've rambled on.