View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
gailr42

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

SusanB, my MIL makes that stuff on plastic canvas..

There is dedication, obsession, and passion. I think some of you maintainers have a passion for your new life. And I think that is what is needed to be sucessful. How to maintain that passion forever is problematic. What I see happening is that the sucessful among us stay involved with others who struggle. Witness Meg and her personal training career and moderating here at 3fc. It is really nice for us that she helps us, but she is also helping herself. She gets daily reminders of what will happen if she lets her guard down.

Other folks may say that some of us are obsessed, but my personal opinion is that they are jealous. To paraphrase the book, we aren't any crazier, as a group, than the rest of the world, so why should our weight loss/maintenance be "obsessive" while doing plastic canvas needlework is dedication?

Thanks, Meg, for structuring a great discussion.

Thanks, also, to Heather for all of the really interesting "blathers". Keep on blathering!

Thanks to Glory for the interesting weight loss story and continuing passion.

Thanks to SusanB for the no-nonsense approach and the way you take responsibility for what you do.

This place is a real inspiration.