General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Is there a computer guru on here?

I've got this certificate authorization popping up constantly. I don't know who hpppsresearch is. I won't authorize it. It is from Verisign but hpppsresearch is the issuer. I can't seem to delete it or make it go away.

What can I do?

Thanks for any help.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I am definitely not a computer guru! Have you run the latest version of Lavastorm or other malware detector?

When I do a search on the term - it looks like it might be related to HP - do you have an HP printer or anything like that?

Here is the website for Verisign support, it seems to be all about certificates:

http://www.verisign.com/support/index.html
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #3  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

lavasoft! spyware scanner from lavasoft (ad-aware is what it is called)

and what that is, is an HP process, you either use an HP computer or you are using HP software (if using HP software is the case, then it looks like it is related to some sort of real estate/financial software)

I would say that it is almost certainly safe to let it go, but do make sure to do a virus and spyware scan

~your friendly neighborhood geek
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Do you use HP Real Estate Center Marketing Software? hpppsresearch is pertaining to that software. If you use it, accepting the cert would be fine. Its HP...a well known company.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thanks everyone. I don't run the real estate or other software, however, I have an HP printer.

My SnIL set up a scan to run every morning. It hasn't come up with anything. However, I think I'll check the settings on my computer as related to HP and see if there is something on there that they want to launch and delete it.

You've been most helpful. Thanks again.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I googled hpppsresearch and got nothing that told me it was hp, in fact I got nothing. So I dunno if there is a typo there, but personally, I dont think it has anything to do with HP.

As far as certificate authorization it should only come up when you view the same page or use the same program, if you are getting it ALL the time I would assume it is spyware or a virus. Or there is something on your computer that is running, but because of the google results I go, I would assume it is spyware or something or the sort.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #7  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

I found if I download games or similiar items, I occasionally get annoying things like that added to the program , though not the one you mentioned, if it is something you really don't want, go into the "my computer" section, then go into add/delete programs and see if that file has been added, if it is there you may have to restart your computer after hitting the delete button. I hope this helps. if not good luck and let me know if you find another way to fix, I am not a guru by any means just someone who has a terminal case of trying to wreak my own computer then I cry for my fiance who is a guru Good Luck
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

If you go to hpppsresearch.com, it takes you to the HP Real Estate software page.

From Dogpile:

HP Small & Medium Business - Real estate - marketing software solutions

www.hpppsresearch.com/ [Found on Yahoo! Search]
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote