General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Will I get pulled over???

Can I get pulled over by not having a back window? It busted out, and I was just wondering if I can still drive it??
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I don't know for sure Stacie...but why not? You can drive in a convertible, with the back window in a truck or van rolled down etc. I would "assume" you could.

If you get a ticket...don't send it to me...wink...Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I don't think so. I see guys driving their trucks around with no back windows all the time.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

If you put something over it that you can't see out of to close the broken window area (i.e. you tape a garbage bag over the window) then yes. But as long as you can still see through it, then no.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #5  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I agree with the sentiment that as long as you can see out of it clearly, then they don't have that as an excuse to pull you over. HOWEVER, that doesn't stop them from pulling you over for "looking suspicious because of X" or "not signaling 5 miles ago when changing lanes" or some other lame excuse so that they can waste an hour of your time searching your car. It actually really depends on if the police in your area are bored or not. I don't think you'd get a ticket in any case, though. My friend always used to get pulled over because her bumper had a big dent in it, but they'd use a lame excuse and THEN proceed to ask her about what happened to her bumper. Strange.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/115

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
I agree with the sentiment that as long as you can see out of it clearly, then they don't have that as an excuse to pull you over. HOWEVER, that doesn't stop them from pulling you over for "looking suspicious because of X" or "not signaling 5 miles ago when changing lanes" or some other lame excuse so that they can waste an hour of your time searching your car. It actually really depends on if the police in your area are bored or not. I don't think you'd get a ticket in any case, though. My friend always used to get pulled over because her bumper had a big dent in it, but they'd use a lame excuse and THEN proceed to ask her about what happened to her bumper. Strange.
Most warrants, firearms, and prohibited drivers are located through routine traffic stops, from incidents such as not using a signal or damaged vehicle (which can often result in an occupied unreported stolen vehicle). Just so you know
marblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

^^I agree and I also bet it's different from State-to-State as well. I would check with your local authorities before you possibly get pulled over. Good Luck!

Last edited by aymster; 07-08-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: oops!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
HOWEVER, that doesn't stop them from pulling you over for "looking suspicious because of X" or "not signaling 5 miles ago when changing lanes" or some other lame excuse so that they can waste an hour of your time searching your car. It actually really depends on if the police in your area are bored or not.
Is that like when my daughter and I were coming out of Wal*Mart around 11 one night, left the well lit parking lot and main road, turned onto the side road, saw a car coming towards me with headlights and realized I was still driving under my DAY lamps (which are as bright as my headlights). Now the fool coming towards me with headlights was a cop. What's he do? A U-turn, hits his flashers, and gives me a WARNING because my headlights weren't on...only because he KNEW that because I TURNED THEM ON in front of him. And he couldn't give me a ticket for it, it was only a warning offense. Putz. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

So basically if they want to pull me over they will, just having no window gives them that little extra for a "routine traffic stop."
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #10  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

One of my ex boyfriends is a police officer and when he was doing patrol, he did say that he would stop cars that were overly rusted, or had many dents, or appeared to be generally old or damaged. Because, his feeling and the feeling of many others, was that for every visible amount of damage, there has to be twice as much hidden. So they used that as an excuse to themselves to make sure the vehicle was safe. Also, he had told me that those who drive the older cars or the damaged cars are usually the ones that are caught without insurance. And remember, they have quotas :/ This, all the while I have the ugliest oldest car around LOL.

Other things that apparently cause vehicles to be pulled over more are the tinted windows, a lot of decals on the car and how flashy it appears.
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/115

Height: 5'5

Quota's are yet another myth There's no such thing. There's people one guy on my shift with over 100 tickets served this year, and another with 6 tickets served.
marblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblez View Post
Quota's are yet another myth There's no such thing. There's people one guy on my shift with over 100 tickets served this year, and another with 6 tickets served.
I think it varies with the department. Some stations may be trying to make an impression at certain times and need quotas to get officers' butts in gear.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 AM   #13  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Hmmm ... not sure about it being a myth. He admitted to me that they had quotas, but it could be as said, an impression thing rather than an overall requirement.
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

I think you have to have a front window, but no back window is required in lots of places. It's true about old beat up cars getting pulled over more though. We had an old clunker as a second car and my husband got pulled over once because the officer said he couldn't see the tags clearly. The tags were plainly visible, but the junky car got his attention and he pulled DH over to see if there was something else wrong or ticketable.
balloonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #15  
I'll think of something

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoragMunch View Post
One of my ex boyfriends is a police officer and when he was doing patrol, he did say that he would stop cars that were overly rusted, or had many dents, or appeared to be generally old or damaged. Because, his feeling and the feeling of many others, was that for every visible amount of damage, there has to be twice as much hidden. So they used that as an excuse to themselves to make sure the vehicle was safe. Also, he had told me that those who drive the older cars or the damaged cars are usually the ones that are caught without insurance. And remember, they have quotas :/ This, all the while I have the ugliest oldest car around LOL.

Other things that apparently cause vehicles to be pulled over more are the tinted windows, a lot of decals on the car and how flashy it appears.
I'm poor and I drive an old car. I try to maintain it but sometimes things get overlooked.

Sounds like your boyfriend is profiling poor people.

I've always obeyed the law but I've never trusted cops.
marlu is offline   Reply With Quote