View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #19
junebug41
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
What was key for me, was coming up with something that wasn't a "punitive diet." If I didn't like it, if I couldn't wait for it to be OVER, I wouldn't stick to it. I knew I had to stick to it. So, I came up with a plan that works for ME.
  • I love vegetables, so eating carrot sticks/sugar snap peas/grape tomatoes and pepper strips nearly every day for an afternoon snack works for me.
  • I love bread, pasta, tortillas, so switching to whole wheat versions and eating smaller portions worked for me.
  • I don't miss soda, creamy foods or fast food, so cutting that out of my life forever worked for me.
  • I can't stand to do Fitday everyday, but I don't mind estimating my calories (+/- 100) every day - I just add them up in my head.
  • I love going to restaurants with friends, so a weekly treat meal with a glass of wine and splitting a dessert works for me
  • I like cooking and going to the grocery store, so making dinner almost every night works for me
  • I like salads and the little cafe in my work building has a decent salad bar, I eat salad for lunch almost everyday and that works for me
  • I don't have to have the largest size anymore. For example, instead of the Venti full fat latte with whip, I am happy with a tall non fat sugar free latte. I love coffee and I didn't have to give it up!
I seriously could have written this post. I'm lucky. Saying goodbye to drive-thrus and "white stuff" and regular soda wasn't any sweat off my back. I love vegetables and am ok with once a week splurges.

But, it took a lot of work for me to get to the point of "downsizing" my meals. I take a lot of flack from the people around me because it must be SO HARD to immediately order the healthiest thing on the menu or to eat salad all the time. They don't realize that A) I LOVE salad more than life itself B) I have formed these habits so it isn't really that much work anymore and C) This is important to me and I will not compromise what I have worked hard in changing just because you feel guilty about ordering a cheeseburger in front of me. End of story.

My life is incredibly different now. It's just a different routine and my pay-off is much bigger. I know the odds aren't great, but I love being a normal weight so much that I will try whatever to adjust. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but as others have said, knowledge is power.

2011- putting on the baby weight
2012- TAKING OFF THE BABY WEIGHT

Last edited by junebug41 : 07-02-2007 at 01:24 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote