General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #1  

Default Looking back

I was sitting here thinking for a minute because someone mentioned I came along way. I was very upset with myself up until I stopped and thought for a minute. I was upset because the last time I was losing weight I kinda started giving up because I started gaining. Then i gained more and more. I was mad that I let myself get to 200 again.

I know it sounds silly to complain about being 200 I used to think the same thing when I would hear people say oh I am 200 and here I would be 285 thinking I would be happy with 200 but its just hard to lose the weight only to gain it back.

Then I looked back and remembered what it felt like to be 285 and realize yes I did come along way. And while I am not model thin I am still happy with myself for losing what I did.

I remember going to BBQs and friends houses and being afraid to sit down because I thought the chair wouldnt hold. I would go to carnivals and wouldnt even bother trying to ride rides because I thought I wouldnt fit.

Its just crazy to think that here I was mad because I gained weight but in reality I still have gone a long way.

I dont know why I am posting it. Just a random thought that is rolling around in my head.
bethmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

85 pounds is a huge loss. You should feel great about yourself chick!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Oh I have those moments too! It seems like we dwell on the "if only's..." if only I were 200 lbs i would be happy, or if only I were under 200 lbs I would be happy, etc. And how come when you see a number on the scale like "205" it is acceptable as long as you are losing, but when you are gaining and you see that same number going up it seems so upsetting? Know what I mean? You have definitely come a long way and deserve the cheers!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #4  

You should check out the maintainers forum here. You'll gain new perspective that could possibly help you with how you're feeling right now!

4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote