Old 06-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

Smile how much fat do you eat

hello i have been reading on good and bad fats and was wondering how much is good for you. so many sites are telling me different things. i know i need some but thanks to not having a gallbladder i cant eat too much of it. but i was wondering if even maybe that would be different if it was good fat.
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

The American Heart Association recommends about 35g or so fat per day. I try to keep to that or under. But some days the siren song of ice cream is too hard to resist.

My mama had her gallbladder removed about 4 years ago and wow that woman can pack the fat grams away (she eats about double the amount I do--- um.... jealous? me? yes!)! (She is only about 10lbs overweight but man, my mom can get away with eating LOTS for her weight!).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

thanks for the info i was not lucky with mine as soon as i eat things to fatty well they come back out ( kinda like the new diet pill alli..lol) just as fast. has been like this for a long time. i was 18 when i had mine out. you would think this would make a person really skinny but guess i was not lucky there either.
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

Default Fats

I'm eating 4-5 fat exchanges which means 4-5 teaspoons of oil per day if it were all oil. Some of it is mayo. Some of it is counted within the food per my companion books.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i had my gall bladder out in April of 2006, i currently have salad dressing at lunch and dinner and sometimes i cook in olive oil. I don't eat mayonaise I avoid nuts, I do like salmon which is a pretty fatty fish and i avoid red meat...

sometimes i have an avocado.

i dont' have a lot of problems with my insides this way.

oh and i drink a lot of water.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote