Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Hello.... I'm Suzanne and I'm 45 years old

Too bad there isn't a 12 step process to overcome age issues

When I turned 45 in January, I received a letter from the governor suggesting I start thinking about my long term care and research nursing homes

Last week I received a letter from a local funeral home suggesting I make an appointment to discuss my arrangements and spare my loved ones of the burden

Has anyone else received anything like this now that you are in your 40s? Sheesh, I worry what my mailbox will be like after I turn 50!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #2  
Radiate self!

You need to get off that mailing list pronto! That isn't good energy... read the Delany sisters book about being over a hundred, much more empowering than having a burial plot prepaid
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #3  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Have you not received anything from AARP yet?
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm in if we can find that 12 step program!! I was scorekeeping at a baseball game last night and there were 3 other moms there. We were all talking about various injuries we have had lately. I mentioned that I didn't remember having this conversation when I was 20 something. The one mom said, "Yep, this cast of 40 isn't performing all that well anymore!!"
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/156.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Suzanne, I'd start throwing out the junk mail without even opening it!! I am in Canada and we don't seem to get alot of that kind of mailout, but ignore them when they do arrive. 45 is a wonderful age, and it is a state of mind. I am 44 and had a young guy whom I worked with seven years ago (and have not seen) tell me today that I looked great and better than ever. He is about 30 and I tell you, it made my day!! Keep your head held high. We are all beautiful women and when you have lost a few pounds and start to carry yourself differently, it will not matter if you are 25, 45 or 75, you will feel beautiful!!
Sylvia from NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I've been getting the AARP stuff, too, at 44. I'm turning 45 in Nov. I made it a goal for weight loss, but it is a weird thing, that number. I don't know why, age doesn't bother me, but for some reason it seems like it's significant. I guess it's the 5 at the end. Today's my Mom's 65th. Anyhow, I'm proud I made it this far, I'm surprised sometimes I made it out of my 20s
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote