Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  
Being lazy is easier!

S/C/G: 224/216/170

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Welcome to the Gun Show!

Okay, so usually I am a hard-core lurker, but I have GOT to brag!

After going to the gym faithfully for over a month and doing the elliptical the majority of the time, I was getting frustrated at not losing any pounds. Then one day, I walked past the mirror and happened to look over and LO and BEHOLD--look, a tushie in my pants! Since I have always had a pancake butt, this was MOTIVATION!
A few weeks later, I was putting lotion on my legs at the pool, and LO and BEHOLD, calf muscles! I havne't seen those since I did ballet in Elementary School! Wow, there must be something to this gym thing after all!!!
Oh, but the best part (even though I still haven't actually lost poundage)? Yesterday, I was picking up something heavy and out of the corner of my eye, it looked like my arm was swollen--THERE ARE ACTUALLY BICEPS UNDER ALL THAT FLAB!!!!!!!!
So, now I can say to myself that I AM ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING and not wasting my time. So, even though I haven't reached any Poundage Goals, I can SEE changes in my body, and with more muscle burns more fat, so off I go to the gym!!!
amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Hooray! I love it when new muscles start creeping out from under the flab. Keep it up!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #3  
Being lazy is easier!

S/C/G: 224/216/170

Height: 5' 7"

I just got back from the gym and I was making goofy BodyBuilder faces in the mirror while flexing my newfound muscles and I found a set of triceps too! Go figure!
amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #4  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations - I too am looking forward to getting rid of my pancake butt Keep up the good work!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #5  
Meg

Yayyyyy for muscles!!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote