Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/146/133

Height: 5ft 9

Wink NSV...Chocs V me!

Hello!
I started my healthy eating ( calorie counting & wholefoods) and exercising plan 6 weeks ago....I'm doing quite well and learning lots.....I got a temping job at a shop that sells luxury chocolates, toffees, cakes etc...was there for over 4 months and I made the most of the free chocs that were given to me for tasting and made good use of my discount too. ...I stopped that doing that after Christmas when I put on weight.....I also used to eat take outs etc too but have stopped doing that.....

Well, you can imagine that the shop is getting in all it's Easter egg stock and seeing as eating chocolate is one of my weaker points, I managed not to taste a thing from the sample dish that sat next to me for over an hour....I could smell it but focused on other things....

I left the job today and was given a box of chocolate eggs ( small ones wrapped in foil) and tasted one after dinner.....there's about 20 more in the box and I knew if I had them in the house, I would just feel the 'need' to eat them( probably all in one sitting!)...so have given them to my oldest son to take to his place of work and share them amongst his co-workers.....

I'm this far into changing my lifestyle so didn't want anything distracting ( or tempting) me from my long term goal of a healthy weight & stronger body
CosmicSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Wow! You've managed to lose weight while working at a chocolate store? That takes some fortitude. I'd have to quit, or get fat.

I worked at Burger King when I was a teenager, and I used to get SO sick of BK food from handling it and smelling it all day (and getting a free meal every day) that I didn't eat it for many years after that experience. Somehow, I doubt I'd get sick of chocolate. LOL
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Cosmic,

Way to go! Isn't chocolate so much more enjoyable when you can savor a little instead of shotgunning a LOT without even tasting most of it?

Your willpower in working in a chocolate shop is an inspiration!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Way to go! Congrats on your NSV. I would never be able to resist all the chocolate, I have to stay away from it completely.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #5  

Very impressive!!! I don't think I could work somewhere like that....or an icecream shop....or a bakery!!!

Nice work
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 159/146/133

Height: 5ft 9

Hey thanks everyone!
It was a challenge working there....I think my lowest point was taking home bags of broken chocolate and eating whole bags for breakfast....

I am staying away from chocolate as much as I can now I don't work there anymore!
CosmicSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote