Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 12:25 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ~~~~~week Of Feb 3~~~~~~

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I did good OP until yesterday then really bummed out!!I had oatmeal and milk(4pts) then brownie mix and even licked the bowl..THen I starved myself except for a banana to make up for it...Bad thing yesterday...Sooooooo...my goal for the week is
STAY OP ALL WEEK!!!!!
I took my parents to their first hockey game last night...I think my dad was impressed cuz I knew what icing, offsides, cross checking etc was...I have never been anything of a sports fan until now..Hey, I go to sleep every night watching somebody play and now it is the All stars until the Olympics and then we will go back to the RedWings!!!!!!

Lauren--That shed will make things easier to put away..Do U have a little yard at your new place???

Well..off to arrange my beads in the bags and tally up if I have enough..What a total waiste of money but oh sooo much fun!!I bought these funny little caps made out of panties..It is my favorite throw this year!!!but..to get one...HE MUST SHOW ME SOMETHING!!!!!hahaha
Have a nice SuperBowl Sunday!!!Glad I am in my bed to watch the game and not downtown N.O.!!!
Vicki
Exc=37miles

Last edited by RoadRunner; 02-03-2002 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #2  

Hi everyone!

RR, It sounds like you had fun with your folks at the hockey game. You are becoming the expert on the game. I am sure Refman loves that you have taken such an interest in it.
Stay out of that brownie mix!

Well I have spent the morning preparing a bunch of food for the week ahead. It seems to be working well for me doing that.

I am not so sure that those skinny cows were such a good idea. I had THREE yesterday! I had the points for them but THREE!

Well I am off to exercise before we head to a super bowl party. I have planned for the party so it should be ok.

We are going wine tasting with friends next weekend. I am starting to stress out about that. It will be two days of tasting and eating out. I need to start planning.

Everyone enjoy the day.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:49 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Here I am, still on the iMac... PC still isn't fixed...although DH did work on it a little. My mom, aunt and grandparents came over today. It was the first time they saw the place, except for Mom. Grandparents bought us a vacuum, so I was very excited about that. Go figure, I got excited about cleaning!! We went to Olive Garden for lunch/dinner. I have not been good this weekend...although how would I know, since I haven't been counting?! I was lazy yesterday, did not do much, besides laundry. Today I got a lot accomplished though, before they got here. I guess I work better under pressure!

My goal for this week is to drink 3 liters of water everyday at work. I bring 3 with me, but lately I have not been getting all three in...in fact, I'm lucky I get through 1 1/2!!

I went food shopping yesterday and bought some carrots, celery and broccoli to cut up and put in the container I got at the bowling alley. I think I will just put the dressing in a midget and lay it down in the container...hopefully it fits. Will bring them with me to work and much on them in the afternoon. Also have to get some sweet type snacks, like snack wells or something, for the afternoon sweet cravings. I have to get back to pre-packing my snacks by points, otherwise I just blow it off. I've been bad lately, and I feel it.

RR- Yes, we have a huge yard now! I don't know the actual size, but I'd guess it's close to a half acre!! It's a great party yard for the summer!! It's the perfect yard for a pool, as the sun is on it all day. There's a big pine tree on one side, which kind of gives us a nice little separate area on the side by our side door to have a picnic table. I'm gonna take pictures some day and post them.

I forgot to WI this AM...really need to remember to do that every Sunday AM. Will try to remember tomorrow AM. Hope everyone's enjoying Super Bowl, or whatever you're watching!! I'm listening to it while DH is watching...it's just opening ceremonies right now.
Old 02-03-2002, 07:03 PM   #4  

Lauren: I forgot to weigh myself this morning too! I usually do it every day and it keeps me focused. Must be why I've struggled lately because I keep forgetting to weigh myself.

Nanci: o.k. what is your all time favorite wine? Missouri has quite a few wineries and vineyards. I pass near Hermann when we go to St Louis and always say "we should stop and stay in a B&B and do some of the tours.

I've got to get back downstairs and pack a couple of orders. - jul
Old 02-03-2002, 10:39 PM   #5  

Hi all,

Ok back from the Superbowl party and I am happy to say I stayed within points. I was at the very top end but hey I was within.

Lauren, Have you tried the mini rice cakes? I have been getting the carmel corn ones. They are 7 for 1 point. They hit the spot with me.

Jul, What's my all time favorite wine? What a tough question. I guess I would have to ask am I paying or someone else. Seriously it is a tough question. I am partial to supporting WA wineries. For white wine I would say Columbia Grand Estates Chardonnay and red I would have to say Wineglass cellars Merlot reserve or Russell Creeek Reserve merlot or Yakima River 94 merlot or.... I could go on and on. You should definately stop in and do some wine tasting. I am betting you might pick up some contacts to display your art. My dream is to own a wine/gift/deli shop. I keep saying if I get laid off from work with the package I am going to do it. I have actually applied for a couple of wine sls jobs. I would have to take a pay cut but I have been thinking that there might be something to that do what you love.

Ok I guess I better quit now. Do you think that wine I had might be making me chatty?
Old 02-04-2002, 01:50 PM   #6  

I sincerely apologize to all you rams fans. That was totally unexpected and so close. I should not watch sports because I always feel so sad for the losing team.

That said....[COLOR=darkblue]YEAY!![COLOR=red]Go PATS!!!

(hmm... I THOUGHT I knew how to do colors!)

We here in beantown had a great time with this one. Best football game I have seen in years too. Usually, the super bowl is not so "edge of your seat". It is all anyone is talking about. Any rams fans know what happened to the last 2 seconds of the game? I would protest!

So, I weigh every day. I usually gain around 4-5 with my period and 4-5 about 2 weeks before. Yuck. Well, I have stayed within the same lbs for the past like 9 days -- But AF came to visit and I didn't gain. So....Think I will drop 5 out of nowhere? Would be nice!

Nanci, Sounds like you had some ups and downs with the program this week. I did too. Planning meals sounds like an excellent idea - especially with the party's coming up! Congrats on the loss!

Juldiet, Hope those two lbs fell right back off. Sorry to hear about the bad mood, but it must be nice to have the place so clean!

Rabbit: Sorry about the rams. Hope that you have your retainer problems resolved. How did you do at junkfood haven? My sister just moved to the area and tries to have us over all the time. You practically have to sew your mouth shut to get out of there consuming less than 20 points. And she weighs about 115! Go figure... (did I mention she is also VERY active?) Was already to post in Rams colors for you... Maybe next year!

RR: Wow - you are doing great OP. Don't sweat the little slips. Where do you get the beads?? How do you get to be on a float? I guess I never thought about it - just showed up and flashed boys for beads (KIDDING!) But really, how does it all work? I also enjoy hockey, but have fallen out of the habit of watching over the past few years...

Lizzard: Mmmmm... Mac n Cheese! I have been letting myself have it every now and then, but only a cup and it kills me!! Family size? I think not, unless you consider me a family! Love the stuff. If the boyfriend weren't so kind to me, I wouldn't be able to eat it (he is capable of snarfing the whole box minus my 1 cup in about 2.2 seconds - I never get a second chance) You still have a shot at that VD goal and if not, you will hit it soon AFTER VD day! Good luck with those measurements!

LBH: HOPE the moving is going along. Neat about the shed!

Tech: My best advice: Force yourself to eat 2 or 3 fruits BEFORE any other food and 2 to 3 veggies BEFORE any dinner. I may still eat bad, but at least I get my fruits and veggies in (and take up a little room that could have been filled with mac n cheese!) The photos are wonderful - thanks for sharing.
Old 02-04-2002, 04:35 PM   #7  

Hi all!!!

I haven't stopped in for a few days. I've been frustrated. Usually I loose a few pounds pretty quickly before I "taper off", but I don't seem to be loosing anything. I am sure that I will though. I have decided this weekend, that I am not changing how I eat just to lose weight, but to gain health. Nothing can stop that.

My sister-in-law who has lost almost 100 lbs. came over this weekend, and she has convinced me that aerobic exercise(walking) is important to loosing weight. So, I have made a new commitment to work on using my tread mill. I am so out of shape, that it is really hard to do much, but if I am diligent, and push myself, I am sure it will get easier.

I weigh everday too, but it is so depressing to see the scales not budge.

Can't say much about the superbowl, since we don't really watch sports around here. Dh tried to watch some of it, but he was more interested in movies than sports. Congrats to those of you whose team won, and Sympathies to those who lose. Remember, there's always next year!!!

Hockey sounds interesting though. I don't think I would become a big fan, but I would like to go just once.
Old 02-04-2002, 04:52 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, my life sucks right now...having a really bad day...want to spend some time here, but I can't.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:57 PM   #9  

hello all, I am home again from my weekend away. Had a great time. Went to a "Trader Joe's" store yesterday & stocked up on some low point things to try - great store. Also did a pilates video with my sis over the weekend - enjoyed it - although it was a killer! Just bought one myself - dying to try it out and see which I like better.

Tech - good luck girl! I liked Bailey's idea of filling up on those fruits & veggies.

Jul - oh my, then you have no microwave popcorn!

RR - good luck on op all week! You can do it!

Lauren - sorry you're having such a bad day.

Nanci - whoops on the skinny cows!! ~ You are doing so so well! Yeah on staying op at the super bowl party!

Bailey - congrats on the PATS VICTORY! There I did the colors for you! ~ My retainer problem will (hopefully) be solved this Wednesday - I have an apt. then. ~ FYI: my sis is thin too.

Lyssalou - wow that your sis in law has lost 100 lbs!! Yes, I agree that exercise is very important. A lot of studies I have read on weight loss say those who keep it off exercise. And by the way, when I started exercising I just did a little at a time so I wouldn't get burned out and then would add a minute every once in awhile.

more tomorrow!

Rabbit
86.714 miles
Old 02-04-2002, 08:08 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ~!

Hello all!!!
BLew the points again yesterday...not over points, but the wrong type of points without veges or fruits...Today...did great again!!!Even have incorporated cooking for the kids and REfman that includes foods for me and I save a few points for tasting!!

Lauren--The yard sounds wonderful!!!!I bought Refman a new vacuum last week!!!HE was soo excited!!!!I see the MD for a post op visit tomorrow and since Christmas Eve was the last time for "quality time' with Refman, I may not be posting in the evening!!Hopefully(depends on what the MD says)!!!!!!!!

Rabbit-Yeah on the shopping and good for U on the video!!!I believe that excercise does make the difference in the right direction!!!For me, it is a mood picker upper!!!!

Lyssa-Keep up the work!!It is a test to determine your determination!!! Congrats to your sister!!!!

Bailey--WE actually have bead stores everywhere in N.O.IT is a big market!!!As far as the floats..some parades are all men and some all women...I am in a womans parade...All it takes is a fool that isn't tight on money..My parade is a cheaper one..$300 to ride and that includes costumes..Beads are anywhere from $200-thousands of dollars..Some parades require at least $1000 in throws but mine is laid back..THey have professionals make the floats and costumes..U show up and ride~~~

Nancy--Yeah for OP at a party!!!!!

Off to bathe and sleep!!!
Vicki
Old 02-04-2002, 10:57 PM   #11  

Rabbit: I have an "air popper" that I really like or if I want "Sinful Popcorn" I make it on the stove with real oil and real butter. Mostly I airpop and add some spice salt.

Lauren: I hope your evening is better than your day has been - sorry it wasn't so great.

We went to Harrison AR tonight to eat dinner and do the wal-mart super center trip. Its nice to go down there because its like a 'real town' not a tourist mecca like Branson. - jul
Old 02-04-2002, 11:12 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,

Bailey, I knew your team was going to win as soon as they came out of the locker room. They came out pumped as a team. It was a very exciting game.

Lyssalou, Take the treadmill slow. Make it a game how many minutes today or going farther in the same amount of tiime.

Lauren, I sure hope your day has gotten better! I am sending hugs your way.

Rabbit, Did you find the Pirates Booty at Trader Joe's?

Vick, Have fun on that float. I had to laugh about the beads. You are so right everywhere you go in NO you can get beads. I came home with my suitcase full and then it was like what do I do with these now?

Jul, The Wal Mart Super Store, Oh I would be running in the other direction. We have a regular wal mart here and it stresses me out. I go in and it is like never never land hours of time just disappear. I can never find what I am looking for and end up circling the store about 5 times.

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:13 PM   #13  

I forgot the good news. Only one skinny cow today!
Old 02-05-2002, 02:26 AM   #14  

Nanci: good job on only one skinny cow. Thanks for your top picks in wine - I'll check the local wine cellar and see if they carry any of those. I agree on the "run the other direction" concerning any Wal-Mart. At least the Wal-Marts in our area are very clean and well run (we're pretty close to headquarters - so more likely to get spot checks). Thats also why I like to go down to the one in AR for when I 'have' to go to W-Mart. The W-Mart in Branson is actually one of the 'tourist stops' for all the big tour busses!!! Its crazy buzy!

I did pretty good on exercise today. I ordered a load of gravel for our driveway and moved a bunch of it to cover the area between the house and studio (about 7 feet across and 24 ft long) it was becomming a mud path. We've got more work to do on it in the morning - a great ab workout!!

- jul
Old 02-05-2002, 08:37 AM   #15  

I made a major goal finally -- I packed away my size 14 relaxed fit jeans hopefully never to be worn again!! WooHoo!!! Now I'm comfortably in my size 12's (relaxed fit of course!!).

RR, I've had trouble staying OP the past couple of days too. I'll challenge you to staying OP. I don't know what the winner would get but maybe that'll inspire me to be good this week. I love hockey too. It's fun to watch the people in the crowd scream and yell. Enjoy MG for all of us!! One of these days I want to make it to NO for the party.

Backfor, Stay away from the skinny cows!!! I usually try and do prep work on Sundays. This week I decided to try and make my own veggie soup. I'm tired of spending so much on "healthy" soups only for it to be mostly broth with a couple mushy carrots in it. Mine didn't turn it so well -- a little too thick for me. I'll keep experimenting until I get it right. At least it's filling!! Since I live in FL oranges and grapefruit are plentiful right now. I buy big bags of them and sit in front of the tv and peel 2-gallon bag fulls so I can easily munch on them all week.

LBH, I hope your feeling better. I have an Imac at home and I totally regret getting it. I'm hoping sometime this year to get a new laptop (after new bedroom furniture, etc...)

Lys, All I can say is be patient. I'm a super slow loser and it does get frustrating. I just keep telling myself the slower I lose it the longer it'll stay off. Incorporating exercise into your life will be a great help. It'll make you feel better and it's so good for your heart.

Rabbit, Great job on the video and stocking up on LP food. Hopefully that will help you stay OP.

Juldiet, I love Super W-Mart!! I just wish I could learn to get out of there without spending $200. One of my favorite wines (that isn't expensive) is Blackstone Merlot. I went to Napa last September and it was so wonderful. I made the mistake of buying six bottles to carry back with me on the plane. My hands were killing me when I got home.
Closed Thread