Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Brand new in New York

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. My weight has fluctuated between the same 30 pounds since I was about 14 years old, and I'm 22 now. I've done Weight Watchers on and off, but I can never seem to get below that 210 mark. This time around, I'm trying the South Beach Diet. I've been on it for a week, and tomorrow is my first weigh in - so I'm hoping that goes well. I'd ideally like to get down to around 160, which would be huge for me (pun not intended). Hopefully with some support and being able to vent my spleen when things get tough, I'll get there!

--Jenny

jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome in, Jenny! Stay focused on the long term goal and you will make it there. If you stall out at about 210, as you have in the past, change things up! Try some different exercises, change some of your mealplans or menus. You'll make it past that normal stopping point!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks very much! Did my first weigh in this morning - down 5 pounds! That's exactly on track with what I wanted for this week, so I'm excited.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #4  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Well done Jenny - what a great first week! I'm new too but am mainly to be found on the UK forum. My first week was a disaster - only 1lb. I'd been pleased if I'd been doing it for a few weeks but for a first week it was disappointing. Never mind, found this place and rediscovered my motivation.

Welcome
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote