General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb How Do I Let Him Know That I Have Accepted Him?

I moved in with my my mother and her new boyfriend. It is my mom's boyfriends house, and both her and i are just staying here with him. My father kicked me out of his house, and trying to open up to me, he with open arms, invited me to come into his home and stay with them until i could move out. I can see that he tries really hard to make me feel like i am wanted. He is a really nice guy. I like him very much, but he doesn't think that i do. I can't just sit down and tell him what i think of him, he's not that type. He doesn't discuss feelings. What can i DO to make this man see that i am really greatful that he let me come into his home, and that he is treating me like one of his own daughters? I've tried everything that i could think of. Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Pick up a thank-you card and write exactly what you told us in it. If he doesn't "get it" then, well dear, he never will. Sorry to hear your dad kicked you out...that's messed up! Prayers for you.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #3  
Rides like a Girl!

S/C/G: 211/168/150

Height: 5'5

I agree - a card would really be a nice gesture. Even if you don't want to get all mushy, just a little "Wanted to say THANKS for EVERYTHING" kind of card would go a long way towards letting him know that you've let him into your heart.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Does he have a particular hobby? (Fishing, bowling, etc.) Maybe you can invite him on a special (but not too expensive) outing with just the two of you. You won't have to say anything about your feelings if that might make him feel awkward, but the gesture of taking an interest in what he likes should get the message across.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

As I read your post, I was thinking a nice Thank You card with a personal note is what you need. Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks this!!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  

I was thinkiing what everyone else was thinking.... a note to tell him exactly what you wrote here.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Being just helpful around the house would be appreciated I think... Men who are the macho types seem to like that more than anything else, IMO... Maybe make a nice supper for him and your mom along with a thank you card...
Closed Thread