Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default Aughh!

I have been dong a great job! I have lost almost 20 pounds in just over 2 months, 5 inches and I am so happy. Why have I let food get the better of me over the past few days? I set out for today to be great, then I ruined it, because I let myself get too hungry and then I ate food I shouldn't. I know the reason why, but I ate an early lunch, then had an early snack, then tried to wait it out until my dinner time. Then we went out and I over ate. NEXT TIME I WILL EAT A SNACK AND NOT LET MYSELF GET OVER HUNGRY! ONLY I CAN CONTROL WHAT I EAT!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #2  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
I have been dong a great job! I have lost almost 20 pounds in just over 2 months, 5 inches and I am so happy. Why have I let food get the better of me over the past few days? I set out for today to be great, then I ruined it, because I let myself get too hungry and then I ate food I shouldn't. I know the reason why, but I ate an early lunch, then had an early snack, then tried to wait it out until my dinner time. Then we went out and I over ate. NEXT TIME I WILL EAT A SNACK AND NOT LET MYSELF GET OVER HUNGRY! ONLY I CAN CONTROL WHAT I EAT!!!

awwwww! you didn't ruin it, it was just a momentary relapse don't let yourself feel too bad over it, just focus on getting back on track and staying on track I have made that mistake myself, and this is sorta the reason most diet experts say not to go grocery shopping hungry.... the same thing will happen (learned that the hard way ) Don't beat yourself up too badly, just think of it as a learning experience and use it to help prevent yourself from letting it happen again
Old 10-21-2006, 04:12 AM   #3  

Exactly. I think that the "I've eaten differently than the way I've decided I want too, I've ruined the whole thing!" mentality is the #1 thing that kills most weight loss efforts. Pick up the pieces and soldier on. This is a long term goal you have, right? Don't be distracted by short term issues.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #4  
LLV

Honey, we all do that. Put it behind you and move on
Old 10-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Are we expected to be "perfect"? Because that is absolutely impossible. We are human!!! There just has to be days when we "fall off the wagon". I don't know why we all think of this as failure - it is BOUND to happen. Why do we beat ourselves up over it? I think we just have to try to "fall off the wagon" less and less and not as severely. I'm wondering if I should even include it in my "diet" once a week or every 2 weeks so that I KNOW I have a meal where I don't have to be "perfect" and this way perhaps I won't "fall off the wagon" as often.

I don't know I also always say that I wish I would have been addicted to drugs or alcohol, because those you can TOTALLY eliminate in your life. It's not around you and you don't need three meals of it a day. Food is obviously impossible to eliminate from your life and that is why it is so much harder to beat overeating then those other addictions.

And at your size 20 pounds in a couple of months or there about is INCREDIBLE!!!! You're obviously doing something right.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #6  

Everyone has those days! I did this week and then I just went right back to normal the next day. Just think of those 20 pounds and the 5 inches you have lost that is great, focus on that positive!
Good luck!
Old 10-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies!! I feel better today and I will have an easier time keeping things in control today.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Cheer up hun you are doing great!!!
Closed Thread