Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 4"

Question Atkins induction and nuts--question! :)

Funny title, but serious question! I just realized that the Atkins induction "rules" say not to eat nuts in the induction phase. Yikes--I am on my third day and ate almonds yesterday and today. Has anyone had any experience with this? I feel like I have cancelled out the good I have done with those &*#$ nuts! Help, please--thanks!
kittyglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Some people can't eat nuts. It makes them not lose weight. But others have no problem. Don't sweat it. Just continue on w/out the nuts Welcome
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #3  
on my way down again

Just my opinion, I think you would be ok to just continue and not start over. When I did Atkins' in 2000, nuts were ok, or so I remember, but now it seems to be on a rung of the ladder as we work up to that. However, I am on extended Induction and it's an ounce a day, or somthing like that. (I need to check for sure) I am not eating anything until I know for sure. Don't worry though...anyway, personally, I think you can keep going...keep up the good work.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232.5/230.5/160

Height: 5'4"

I may be out of line here, but we all have to figure out what works for us. I know that nuts are not on induction but according to your figures you have lost weight eating them? As long as you can keep things under a reasonable level then your ok.

The problem with nuts tho is that what we think is a reasonable portion is way over the limit in carbs, you have to curtail your intake quite a bit.

Don't start over, keep going with the next meal.
KnicKnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

While nuts may not be allowed during Induction if they are not hindering your weight loss...I wouldn't sweat it. There are a lot worse things you could be eating!!

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you all SO much! I don't think it has affected my weight loss--my scale said I was down four pounds this morning, and I just started on Monday. So, I guess it's okay! You are all so helpful--thanks again!
kittyglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

Actually I just checked the book and atkins does say that it is ok to eat nuts or any other kinds of whole food combinations as long as you dont go over your 20g. He reccommends that you get ur daily 20g from salads but obviously that would get boring so you can eat any number of things that add up to 20g. But depending on what type of nut you're eating the carb count can be high... cashews were pretty high.. I thought almonds were pretty low in net carbs since they have a lot of fibre
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #8  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Ive been dying from a honey roasted penuts withdrawl..I swear those were like cigarettes to me!
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #9  

LOL I did the same thing , this is my first day and I pretty much went by what I saw people eating on instagram . I ate almonds twice today , not many though just ten whole almonds , once in the morning and once for dinner . Hopefully this won't hinder my weightloss .
SaraBobera is offline   Reply With Quote