Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #1  

Question Abs

[FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Does anyone know any ab excercises you can do standing up or sitting in a chair? Thanks.

Last edited by Queen of the Prairie; 09-13-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Queen of the Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/244.2/146

Height: 5'8"

Abs
Abs: Sit on the edge of chair, arms extending in front. Keeping back straight, contract the abs and slowly lower torso towards back of chair. Hold 2-3 seconds and repeat.
Curls: Cross arms over chest and sit up straight. Contract abs and curl shoulder towards hips, pulling abs in. Hold for 2 seconds and repeat.

I got that from about.com

But I've read before in mags that in an office chair, or car seat while in traffic to contract your abs, pull your navel to spine and release. Either do like 30reps 3x or do 20reps but hold pulled in for like 4 seconds or something. My friend's sister got a 6pack like that by just doing that all summer once.
CherryCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

There's one standing ab exercise I remember doing in an aerobic class years ago, let's see if I can describe it well enough.

Standing with feet shoulder width apart, knees loose, by this I mean not locked, tummy tucked, pelvic tilted, hands placed lightly behind your head. Now imagine that your ribs are trying to touch your hip bones, it's not a big move, but a very effective one ... When I did this I was sore for days afterwards. Now, to make it a bit more difficult lift the knee on the side that you are bending ...

Now I hope that makes sense....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #4  

Thanks for the excercises, I'm going to try them this weekend.
Queen of the Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote