Old 09-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Sept/11~Sept/17

Good Morning

Its chilly here this morning! I think Im going to have to pull out some blankets for the bed soon

Im off for my seminar today...wish me luck with the luncheon

Have a great day everyone.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: Good luck w/the lunch today. Hopefully they have legal stuff for you to eat so you don't go hungry. And we're chilly here as well! I love this weather!!

Well, eating went OP but no water in sight for me this weekend. So I'll work on that this week. Already have 16 oz in. I also have to go tromping through the woods to get DH's camera from the woods...and it's raining. So not looking forward to that as much as I had yesterday when we talked about it. If I'd have known it was going to rain I'd have said some other day. Oh well. Have to take the animals to the vet (THAT is exercise!!) and do other errands today. Plus I have a class @ church tonight so it's a BUSY day!! Off to eat my breakfast
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good morning ladies it's chilly and raining here. No big plans for me today. I did a lot of house cleaning this past weekend and washed tons of laundry. I am still eating at my maintenance level and the scale is staying the exact same, so this is good I guess.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Sounds good lillybelle! I would think that's where you'd want to be at this point, just leveling off and learning how to keep it there!

Robin - Good luck. I'm anxious to hear about how lunch went. and if you thought of anything to "pack" just in case.

Brenda - have you been having any luck just eating OP ? Do you think the lack of water and exercise is really making a difference in getting things moving. Just wondering. I know, I CAN"T no how, no way not get my water in.It totally messes me up. But Ithink for other people it's not that big of a deal.
I have decided not to get on the scale for 2 weeks. it doesn't do any good to torture myself. I post that I was looking for some kind of exercise routine for firming up some muscle. ROBIN _ you mentioned body for life. if that a website too or should I just look for a book? ANyone else have anything that's working for them?
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #5  
lilybelle

needtolose, I think that's a great idea to wait 2 weeks to step on the scale. Those last few lbs. are so slow and frustrating. I think the closer I got to goal, the more I wanted to weigh. It didn't do me any good.
As for the weight leveling off, yes it is where I wanted to be. I had illusions of getting and staying in the 130's but it isn't going to happen. When I hit them, I bounce right back to 141. I am becoming more happy with my body as time goes on. I'm not complacent. It is so hard to maintain and not get any exercise.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Im home

The seminar went very very well. The luncheon was amazing. It was a "Women in Business" trade show seminar, and it was very obvious that it was a woman who was weight conscious who planned the lunch. There were 3 different types of salads, ceasar, something with walnuts in it and a macaroni salad, pickles, olives, grapes, and grilled rosemary chicken. (large buns to put the chicken on) and NO DESSERTS It was so nice to not be tempted by anything!! I had the ceasar salad and the chicken with coffee. Perfect! It was the type of meal where no matter if you were on weight watchers or atkins, you would have found plenty to eat. I have another one of these on October 11, I suspect it will be the same thing, so Im not going to worry about it at all.

Nope I didnt bring anything with me, but I did eat a very big breakfast (for me anyway) So I would be able to make it until 3 if I had to.

Maggie, I'll pm you that website, I cant post it here.

So, all in all its been a good day, and I made a few contacts. So now I have to get to work Have a nice evening ladies.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #7  
lilybelle

Robin, that sounds like a great lunch. It is so nice when there is food that is accommodating to people who are trying to watch their weight. When I was working at the hospital, it was always pizza, donuts, cookies, cake. Pure junk food.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

and you know, its not any harder to serve salads and grilled chicken. Just a different way of thinking I guess. But your right, it was so nice, and I really appreciated it.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #9  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I'm up early. My son called at 6 AM to say his motorcycle had been stolen last night while he was at work. I got up and found his insurance papers so he could report it to the police. He called back 20 min's later to say he had found it. Someone had rolled it down the hill and onto the golf course at his apartment complex. It was still dark, so he doesn't yet know if any damage was done. He sounded pretty upset, he loves that bike. My DH advised him to get a tire lock for it so this couldn't happen again.
I feel a good nap coming on soon, so see everyone later.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Lilly~ Im glad it wasnt very far away. Hopefully there wont be much if any damage to it.

Im settling into this woe. I am forcing myself to stay off the scale. Because besides weighing less, I need to live like this forever. So I have to accept that the scale wont be part of my day every day, and that eating this way, makes weightloss a side effect. Im feeling so much better and all the side effects of eating sugar to the extreme are almost all gone. New ones are taking its place But thats ok, I can deal with those.

So aside from loosing weight, Im eating this way for a piece of mind. Which right now is alot more important. Gotta tame that crazy b*tch who wants chocolate and sugar all the time. Its working!!

So, here is to another successful low carb day ladies have a great day!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #11  

Your doing great, Robin!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #12  
lilybelle

Robin, you are doing great. I have that chocolate monster in me too. I considered it a victory when I went to the store today and didn't buy any sugar-free LC candy. I just love it.
Well my weights the same, but my jeans are tight this morning. So , not too good apparently. I bought these jeans a month ago and haven't wore them but don't remember buying them this snug.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Robin - Way to go! I love what you said about losing weight being a side effect. THat is so true . That's why I'm trying to stay off the scale as well.

Lillybelle - Boy, leave it to you to keep things exciting! You always have something going on! I'm glad that the bike didn't get to far away!

I'm just trying to keep on track. I'm starting to run out of things to snack on. I basically always have a cheese stick or hardboiled egg. Ihave tothink of something else. THose oreo's where surely calling my name last night. DIdn't have any but I did have a few bites of watermelon. (which I suppose is the lesser evil!) I still am mad at myself for it. I'm trying to keep on induction again for a while.
Well ladies, have a good rest of the day!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Maggie, yes I always have something going on. lol. Kids will drive your crazy.
Don't worry about the watermelon, it won't hurt you. I eat it quite often and it is way better than the Oreo's.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #15  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Thanks Ladies, I really appreciate it

Its raining and very blah here today. Its one of those days you need to light a scented candle, and chase away the blues.

Eating was op yesterday, but there was just alot of it for some reason. I ended up having a piece of cheeseburger quiche at around 8pm last night. I was very hungry. Not that ghost hunger, or mouth hunger, but tummy growling hunger. So I fed it

I spent most of the day yesterday on the computer designing signs, and today my back and neck are killing me So I think Im going to pull out some of my core and ab exercise tapes and do one of them today. Its gotta help ?! Right???!

I need some suggestions....this saturday we are going to my step grandkids birthday brunch. We arent going to the party, because dh and I reallllllly dont want to be there. Dd can go, but we'll stay home. Anyway its right next door, but my dil is making brunch. Never ever does she consider what I am eating, and tells me when I walk in the door to leave my diet at the door, because you cant eat that way today. I know considerate eh? Remember too, I very deeply dislike this woman! But out of respect for my step son, and my husband I just shut up. Im civil and thats as far as I'll go. Soooooooo how do I go and eat at her house, when I know its all going to be carb laden, and not a salad in the joint? Im more concerned about the kids, if they helped make anything, and want grampa and me to try it. Ive actually thought about saying Ive gotten very sensitive to those foods, and they make me very sick now.

Any thoughts?

I need to go put a sweater on Have a great day ladies!