Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-31-2006, 11:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Talking Nsv

Today I was talking about workouts with this guy I work with. He's 16 years younger than me and very athletic. He runs 5k's on a regular basis, and although I've never seen him without his shirt on, I'm pretty sure he has a six-pack under there.

I mentioned that I had a couple of sore muscles from my circuit training workout last night, and I thought it was because I got distracted talking to another lady and worked one of the machines too hard.

He said, "If you can talk while you're working out, then you're not working hard enough." I told him my heart rate had been up in the 80-85% of max range. He didn't believe me until he pulled out the formula and did the math. Then he said, "Girl, if you can carry on a conversation while you're doing that, then you're doing SOMETHING right. You're putting me to shame, because there's no way I could."

Not too shabby for a middle-aged lady, eh?
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:14 AM   #2  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

WOW! You go girl!!!
Congrats!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #3  

Height: 5"5

Thats the way to show him. lol keep it up.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Way to show 'em!!! Great job! Congratulations!!!

I had a similar one this week. Since our outdoor pool is closing for the summer I called a local rec center to ask about the swimming laps and water aerobics. The guy said there was lap swimming on Sat. morning for 45 minutes at 7 AM and then a water aerobics class. I said great, I could go do laps and my own aerobics in the lap lanes and then take the class. He said "you will be too tired." Then I told him I have been doing 90 minutes of strenuous water aerobics and he said "I am impressed." Sheesh and I didn't think to ask him then about the senior rates so he had no idea I am 59 years old!!

Feels GREAT, doesn't it?

You keep up the good work!!!!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

LOL, Misti, that's great!

And I would never have guessed from your picture that you're 59 years old
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks Fiddler... LOL I can sure tell it from my achy muscles!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote