South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #1  
Making changes!

S/C/G: 244/237/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Favourite salads?

G'day everyone!

I am on day two of P1, and am looking for some filling salads to enjoy. I was wondering if everyone wouldn't mind listing their P1 favourites. I thought I saw one a while ago while browsing, I believe had avocado (not the tomato, avocado and onion one), but I cannot find it. *hmmm* Perhaps I was imagining things.

I look forward to seeing what everyone's favourites are!

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chal, check out the Salad recipe section http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140
My favourite is the taco salad.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Chal, My favorite is the Chicken Pistachio Salad on page 141 in the blue book. The dressing has avocado in it.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My favorite salad these days is this, I take a bag of field greens, crumble some goat cheese or blue cheese over it, add some juice-sweetened dried cranberries, 1/2 a diced apple or pear, some sliced red onion, and top it with a good vinagrette, then sprinkle some walnuts on top. I make my own candied walnuts by melting a little Smart Balance margarine in a skillet and stirring some Splenda into it, then I stir the walnuts into that. It's pretty good!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

My favorite is Delicious Strawberry Salad from Phase 2 salad recipes. Of course, strawberry season is sadly drawing to a close! For phase 1, I just enjoy a fresh spinach salad with broccoli, squash, maybe a little turkey bacon, and a homemade vinigarette (an excellent one is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a little spicy mustard, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice).

A chopped salad with avacado sounds wonderful! I could avacado until my eyes turned green!

Jessie
Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #6  
Making changes!

S/C/G: 244/237/140

Height: 5'4"

2beFit: That's the one!!! I could have sworn I saw it in the SB book, but looking through the recipe book yesterday I didn't see it, so I wasn't sure what I was thinking. *lol* I also have the blue SB book, so that must be where I saw it.

All the other salads look awesome!!! Thanks for sharing! I'm totally loving trying new HEALTHY foods.
Closed Thread