Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #1  

Default Juice Fasting

Hello everyone! I just wanted to get an opinion from anyone who has tried juice fasting...please share your story with me. I have been researching it for the past couple days and I would really like to try to do a 5 day fast. It's not so much for the weight loss, I am maintaining at a healthy weight, excercising, etc. It is more for the mental and cleansing effects this process is supposed to have on your body- I don't need to go into it, but the stressful 4 months I have had, and the state I feel my body is in....I feel this could only be a good and enlightening experience for myself. So anyone who has tried a juice fast, I would love to hear from you! I'm curious as to how it has affected others. I am starting it sunday august 27th and going until next friday. I have been preparing and trying to get my mind mentally ready, this will be one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am also going to blog it on my myspace site. thank you ladies.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

I do'nt know how much this will help, but my parents have been going on a Full Body Detox as well as Juice Fasting. My dad has lost 52 pounds already, and my mom has lost all the fat on her back and her belly is going away (she doesn't have as much to lose).
What I have read is that it is better to start it on a Friday so you can deal with the "emotional stresses" of this kind of fast over the weekend.
They started with breakfast and lunches of juice, and a light dinner, and now have done one week of 100% Juice.
Hope this helped and best of luck to you!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I do a juice fast when my body tells me to. It's usually every few months at a season change. I usually do one when I start to get a yucky, weighed down feeling and just need a "fresh start" physically and mentally/emotionally. I did one at the beginning of the summer and will probably do one in early October.

Here is my blog entry with more details on what I specifically do.
http://tothineownselfbtrue.blogspot....e_archive.html

It's the entry titled, "The Juicer's Way".
Old 08-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5`2

I tryed but It is very hard to stick to.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/155/95

Height: 5'8"

A water fast would actually be better for you. It sounds bad to starve yourself but when you do it for a small amount of time it's really good for your a lot of your organs (and mind). Anyway, apparently the first 2-3 days are difficult and then after that you don't feel hungry. Juice fasts are not as effective if you do them on short amount of time but as you're not really doing it to lose weight I suppose that's not the issue. Anyway, I would drink 'real' juice and stuff that's good for you...like cranberry juice.

Okay, nevermind. I see you already started this but I already typed it all so I'm going to post it anyway.
Closed Thread