Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Default Resisting

There is a retirement party going on in the hallway. They have about 6, 7 tables of snacks for the partiers. Every single one has cake or cookies on it. There is nothing else. I am staying in my office until its over.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #2  
Mel

Hang in there, PeeB! No fruit or vegies trays? Shame on them.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #3  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Thanks!!!

I know... is there a ban on healthy people organizing work parties?? And I see all these mid-sized ladies out there, plenty of whom I am sure are being torn by the gooodies and are saying "well I sure am hungry and what can i do? there isnt anything else offered... and i dont want to be ruuude.." ANd then later theyre going to feel bad about eating it all.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:35 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

It's my birthday at the end of the month and I'm currently trying to work out what I can take in to kind of go with the "cakes and treats" standard, but to make them a bit healthier. My other alternative option is to take something in that I know I don't like and feed other people up instead of me...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:37 AM   #5  
with my mind on my monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
It's my birthday at the end of the month and I'm currently trying to work out what I can take in to kind of go with the "cakes and treats" standard, but to make them a bit healthier. My other alternative option is to take something in that I know I don't like and feed other people up instead of me...
My birthday is today and my last day of work before I move is Friday - but since my boss won't be in Friday, I'm thinking there won't be any organized celebration (it's a small office). I was lamenting this to my coworker who replied - "How can you have a party for someone who won't eat anything?"

I always turn down birthday cake and pizza, but if a party has to center around food, we could always have nice cold-cut sandwiches and a fruit/veggie tray!

Kind of sad!!!
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote