Old 05-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Update: Where are you at with your weight loss journey

We have so many members that post here in the 100 lb club, it's sometimes hard to keep track of everyone. I'd like to get an update on how everyone is doing on their journey. I'll start.

I am pretty much still a lost soul when it comes to weight loss. I was down to 309.8, but now I am up again. I haven't given up, I know someday I will find my way.

How are you doing???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 5'6"

Lately I've been really careless and apathetic. However, I'm down 25lbs since January, averaging about 1.5lbs a week. I'd like to be down to ~200 by the beginning of September, so I'll have to step it up to an average of 2lbs lost per week.

What I'm learning is that motivation isn't some uncontrollable force that comes and goes, independent of me. There's no way to "get" motivation, you have to make it for yourself. I'm an autonomous human being, and I'm the only one in control of my body. My successes are my own, as are my failures. I'm fully aware of the choices I make, and what I need to do to lose weight. I just have to do it.
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Well, Sandi...I hope it's a BIG BOAT, so we can all fit

I made some great progress in the past year, losing just over 40 pounds.
Ever since our Thanksgiving in October...I've kind of lost my groove and gained back 25 of those wonderful pounds.

I'm starting my second year here 15 pounds lighter than when I joined, so it's not the worst possible scenario...but I'm far from pleased with myself.

The road is looking much longer than it did before...and my "click" is very elusive these days.

I'm dissappointed in myself and sad...but need to move on...there is hope.

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

I am new to this site...I started on Easter and I am down 6 pounds, but having trouble getting myself motivated.
alextucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Well.....after all kinds of yo-yoing, I am down 24 lbs from January 1, and 35 lbs from my highest weight. I've dropped 17 of those pounds in the last five weeks or so.

I joined a fitness studio on 4/22, and so far I have only missed four days going. So...I'm on my way, I think. Hoping to be below 300 in the very near future.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I saw this thread and thought it would be a good place for me to start getting back on track. Over Easter and a couple of mini vacations I got back up to 260 from 254 (time to take responsibility, fact it, and change the ticker!!)

on the plus side, I really felt that 6 lbs! In the past I'd always be oblivious until I'd really packed it on.

This past week has been better eating wise -- I put down the chocolate! I upped my cardio workout at the gym the past 3 times I've gone.

Rob and I had a talk about it, and we have a better eating plan for this weekend. In fact he's making veggie soup for me today.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #7  

Hey
I started my diet about 10 to 11 weeks ago.
I exercise about 4 times a week..
( I did join a gym but lately I have been walking outside a lot)
I will get back to the gym soon... But I am really into my outdoor walks.. So peaceful and quite..
When I do go back to the gym I am going to start working out with weights.

I have lost 35 lbs... I am now at 225 ( On my scales)..
My scales weighs about 10lbs lighter than my Dr.
I have to get on a plane in 3 weeks.. so my mini goal is at least 5 more pounds.
I am freaking out about the seat belts on a plane.
I have never flew before ..
We have all heard the horror stories.. ( I have already posted about this)!!!
I guess my fear come from going to six flags a few years ago and I could not get on one of the roller coaster because I was to big!
This is a charter flight with all my hubbys co workers .. How embarrassing if I cant fit in the seatbelt..

10 weeks out I can say I have not cheated nor have I felt cheated.
Well I felt cheated when hubby started to diet and his weight just fell off...
( I have already posted about this also)...
Its a long slow process but I know in the end I will WIN !
Tracey
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #8  
Aleecia

I've been at this for about 12 weeks now and I'm down 20 pounds. For the most part it gone pretty well. By all means this isn't easy but I knew that it wouldn't be. So far I've only hit one plateau and that was last month. I only hope I can continue to have the motivation to make this succeed. I still have a long way to go.
So let's all keep plugging along.
We can do this! That's what I keep telling myself. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.

Good Luck Everyone.
Hang in there.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

I started my journey in Jan of this year and I am down 36 pounds , I have set another challenge for me to lose at least 20 pounds by July 3rd. if I come just under that then the challenge was worth it either way! keep up the good work everyone !
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I'm a lot heavier than when I first joined 3FC. At one point I was down to 209 lbs before I got pregnant and after I had my son I got back down to 211 lbs. Since then it has just spiral back up hitting a high of 239 at the end of February. I've lost about 8 lbs since then and kept it off.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Tracey, I could still use a seatbelt without an extender at 261 so I think you'll be fine. The only thing that bugged me was that my thighs extended onto the next seat, but then again so many men have shoulders that invade my personal seat space that I figured what the heck? And, yes, you WILL win in the end!

I'm doing pretty well lately. Last year I had some ups and downs, and some maintenance times, but I've been losing again and am now faced with deciding if I want to set my Weight Watcher goal at 169 (only 6 lbs. away!), the highest weight for my height so that I can avoid paying the weekly fee or actually set the goal lower. My ultimate is to get to 100 lbs. lost, but I'll be happy with being a "normal" weight. Sure would like to get into a size 8, however.

Exercise continues to be a habit, but vacation is still a problem time for me regarding eating. It's all up to me and the choices I make, though, so I can't beat myself up for what I ultimately decide to do.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #12  

I started losing weight in December 2004 and my lowest weight (134) was in December 2005. Since then I've taken a couple of maintainence breaks, floundered completely, half heartedly gotten back on track, watched what I ate only to avoid exercise, exercised religiously only to disregard how much I ate. I've been up and down, around the world and back again. Somehow I managed to only gain 8 pounds during this time and those are being chiseld away at as we speak. I see those 8 pounds as a learning experience. They are proof that I am in control of my weight. In the past, I wouldn't have even acknowledged that I was regaining lost weight much less done anything about it. So, these 8 pounds prove to me that I decide which way the scale moves. I'm not helpless just because I struggle every now and then.

This week has been my first since December that I have given 100% to losing weight and reaching my goal. I have my groove back and feel great. I had stopped posting here for the most part and have recently jumped back into the forum. I've found a direct correlation between how involved I am in 3fc and how succesful my weight loss efforts are. Nothing helps me pinpoint my own weaknesses like advising someone else on theirs! And talking about weight loss on a regular basis insures that it remains my focus and doesn't get put on the back burner.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #13  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I wish I could tell about doing well, but.....I haven't and feel bad about myself. I started my weight loss journey in the fall of 1999 and started here in 2000. Had pretty much gotten to a point where I was tired of fighting the battle and had resigned myself, to always being a big girl. Health concerns at my age began to happen and the dr told me I needed to lose the weight. I began the calorie counting and walking everyday. It made it easier that my husband walked with me. It also helped that I was not working at the time ~ had the time to focus on all of that. I did pretty good ~ lost 40 pounds ~ was almost 1/2 way to my goal. Then I went back to work ~ different shift than my husband ~ so I lost my walking partner, and often just too tired to bother. The pounds found their way back to me. It has been up and down since then. Went way up to 240 (my heaviest) a couple springs ago when I got sick. Got back down to 203 a couple summers ago ~ onderland was so close ~ sometimes I wonder if I sabotage myself ~ subconsciously keeping myself from succeeding. Anyway, I started the new year this year with resolve, and after a month or so, it was gone and I was messing up again ~ back up to 230. I am on my way back down again and had been feeling like I had my head in the right place, but the last week or so, I am struggling to hang on ~ I am still doing good with counting the calories, but haven't done as well with the walking and water. I keep thinking that if I didn't work this crazy shift (7pm-7am) and always be feeling so tired from that, that I would do better. There are reasons why I stay on this shift though. I just have to find some way to "just do it" ~ to make it work with what I have to work with.

Sorry this got long ~ thank you all for listening. It helps to be able to tell it.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #14  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Sort of floating in space

This Turtle is trying to get her groove back. After a stress induced binge and subsequent gain, I started over on May 1st. I don't think I've lost anything, but I'm feeling pretty motivated and hopeful. My weight has stalled out for so long, I forget what it feels like to lose weight. I hope it's okay if I just jump in and post. Thanks.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #15  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Since mid-December I have found it difficult to get into my groove and I must have gained about 6lbs back. However since the start of the new year I am down a total of 11lbs (excluding the 6lbs gained, then it would be 17lbs). In the past week or two I have been able to start losing virgin lbs again and I think that that always helps with motivation for me. Losing the same 5lbs over and over again can be very disheartening. I still have 51lbs I want to lose, though, and would (in a perfect fantasy land) like to lose about 46 of those lbs in the next 3.5 months. We will see.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote