Old 05-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Cool Chicken Stuff (w/ Wild Rice)

Greetings! I thought I'd share one of my favorite easy and tasty meals with you all. I call it chicken stuff. I make this in my crock pot.

1lb. skinless-boneless chicken breast (or turkey breast)
1/2 medium onion (or 1 small)
2stalks celery (chopped)
2 carrots (chopped)
1/4t fresh ground pepper
dash or 2 of salt
2cups chicken broth
2cans Cambell's lf/ff Cream of Chicken Soup (condensed)
1/4t marjoram leaves
1/2c green beans (chopped)
1/2c green peas
olive oil
1 - 1 1/4c wild rice & brown rice mixture

In fry pan sautee, in olive oil, cubed chicken/turkey breast, chopped onion, chopped celery, and chopped carrots. Add the dash of salt and a lil pepper to season the meat while cooking. Once the meat is cooked through, remove from heat and drain. In the mean time, put chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, pepper, and marjoram into crockpot. Use a fork or whisk to mix them together. Add rice mixture, meat & veggies, and green beans to crock pot. Cook on high for 20-30mins. Then set to low and let cook for about 4-5hours. When the rice is soft or the liquid is gone, it's ready.

Suggestions and comments:
1. Feel free to adjust amount of cream of chicken, I like it closer to a soup consistency, so I use 2 cans. 1can is sufficient if you like it with less "sauce."
2. RE: broth. Feel free to use buillion cubes, but BEWARE: read labels, make sure no added sugar and watch out for monosodium glutamate.
3. Meat: depending on the size of your pot, feel free to add more meat so it's not as much a rice dish.

I love this also as a make-ahead meal. I have a couple tupperware like containers of it in the freezer so I can bring it to work or if I'm feeling too lazy to cook.

Lastly, just a lil recognition, I got some of the additions (like marjoram, from the betty crocker online cookbook).

I hope anyone who tries it enjoys it. And I welcome any suggestions on improvements as well.
TropicalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

From the amount of chicken, I am assuming this recipe is for four servings.

One small point: peas are not allowed until Phase III. You could use sugar snap or snow peas though.

Thanks for posting it.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #3  

Yeah, I get 4 servings out of it.

Question about the peas...I checked the GFGC guide before I used 'em, and it has green peas listed as "G" for P2. Did I miss a change? Thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #4  

this recipe sounds great! I know peas are, I think, one of those limited veggies, but this isn't something you'd eat every day anyway! I'm just curious about the soup. I've stopped using all that stuff because I wasn't sure if I should or not...any advice?
Craftinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #5  

Before I made this I double checked the GFGC guide and it says that cream of chicken made with water is "G" starting with P2. I use the Cambells healthy request or 98% ff. I looked at the ingredients too and there wasn't any added sugar or nasty fat added.
Here's the link to the nut. info from the cambells website for the healthy request:
http://www.campbellwellness.com/prod...2355&catID=299

And for the 98% ff version (this one has a couple less carbs):
http://www.campbellwellness.com/prod...2305&catID=294

They don't list the ingredients, which is stupid. So you'll have to check those out at the store. Perhaps your local grocer may have a "better" version that you would be more comfortable with.