View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
ellis

Height: 5'-2"

First name (if you want to tell):
Meaning of user name: hmmm... just a name I picked ages ago because I liked it.
Geographical location:
Ottawa, Ontario.
Marital Status:
Happily married for almost 18 years.
Children/Ages:
Two. 16 and 10.
SAHM. Volunteer (activist). And writer (but not famous yet. heh heh)
Pets:
Three guinea pigs. Cocao, Ted and Poppy.
Hobbies/Interests:
Reading, writing, gardening, decorating, protesting.
Height:
5'-2"
Eye/Hair Color:
grey/brown.
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
Which one?
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight:
219/208/140
Problem:
Binge eating/compulsive overeating
Plan/Way of Eating:
Calorie counting
Favorite exercise:
Running, yoga
Favorite movies:
The Straight Story, Waking Ned Divine, Cabaret, To Kill a Mockingbird, Twister, Life is Beautiful, Family Plot.
Favorite books/plays:
The Wars, You Went Away, A Prayer For Owen Meany, The Sun Also Rises, Ethan Frome, I Heard the Owl Call My Name, Who Has Seen the Wind.
Music:
Spiro Gyra, Nickelback, Henri Mancini, John Hiatt, Four Play, Sister Hazel, Joani Mitchell, Evanescence, Cecilia Bartoli
Favorite Quote(s):
"If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin
"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing."
Denis Waitley
"The logic of worldly success rests on a fallacy: the strange error that our perfection depends on the thoughts and opinions and applause of other men! A weird life it is, indeed, to be living always in somebody else's imagination, as if that were the only place in which one could at last become real!"
Thomas Merton
Favorite People (dead and living):
My Dad. Timothy Findley, Noam Chomsky, Robert Fisk, the Dalai Lama, Rosa Parks, P.G.Wodehouse, Pablo Neruda, Stanley Kunitz, Yehuda Amichai, Colleen Dewhurst, Richard Farnsworth.
People I can’t stand:
various political figures (hee hee we won’t go there) Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Star Jones, Lindsey Lohan, the guy on the Canadian Tire commercials.
Places you’ve been: England, most of eastern Canada, a bunch of eastern America.
Places you want to visit:
Russia, Egypt, India, Poland, Ukraine.
Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? coffee
02. What is your least favorite word?
@#*% (starts with an f)
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
silence
04. What turns you off?
ignorance and greed
05. What is your favorite curse word?
CURSES!!
06. What sound or noise do you love?
the wind
07. What sound or noise do you hate?The sound of my daughter cracking her knuckles.
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
archeologist
09. What profession would you not like to do?
waste management
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Good, you're here! You're Dad's been waiting to see you.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: Nope

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote