Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #1  

Red face New to all this...

Hi all. My name is Tina, and I am an exercise hater (they all say "hi, tina") LOL.... I just find i get sooooo tired when doing it. But i have come to the conclusion i dont have a choice if i want to live a long and healthy life.
My info:
I am am FT mom of 4, and an artist - working with textiles. My kids are 15, 13, 9 and 6. I am very happily married to a great guy, who is on the same page with me and weight loss. We dont eat that bad - our biggest problem is portion control and when we went away this past holiday for almost 3 weeks, all we ate was restaurant and fast food... So we both put on another 25 pounds.. For me it is not great - i am only 5' 1" and i weigh now 160 - got it down from 164 which was last week. I have decided to first eat all my veggies then move to the "meat and potatos". And before i can do any quilting or scrapbooking (which i also love) i have to love myself first and exercise for at least 20 minutes. Which is all i can do right now, but i am up to 2.5 mph in those 20 min. I am only 32, yet i feel like i thought i might at 50+. I am just so down on myself about not only how i look, but how I feel, so i have come to a crossroad and am starting to change. I am a sugar junkie, so that will be my biggest dilemma - along with the constant exercise. I know the exercise will get easier as i get stronger, but for now, it is just plain hard. Wow.. didnt think my intro was going to be so long winded! Thanks for still reading if you got this far! and wish me luck!

Tina Marie
ArtQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

"Hi, Tina!"

Well done on deciding to make the change. You will learn to love exercise as you get stronger and fitter - promise. I used to get winded climbing stairs - now I'm working towards my blackbelt in kickboxing.

Take the exercise and keep increasing the time or intensity that you work out, try and make every session better than the last. You can do this and we're all here to cheer you along
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote