Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #1  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Question Calorie burning softdrink? Any tried Celsius yet?

Just found a link to this on my local news stations website. Celsius Supposedly it raises your metabolism by 12% for a few hours after you drink it. Looks like it must contain a lot of caffiene, though I can't find a nutritional label to look at. Anyone tried this stuff? Anyone have a package they could post the nutrition info from?

Thanks!

Last edited by tinabinab; 03-29-2006 at 08:08 PM. Reason: had more info to add
Old 04-03-2006, 05:22 AM   #2  

I have tried the drink a few times before, it's not that eas to find in my area and it is expen$ive. I can tell by the taste that it has something added.
I haven't used it as a weight loss aid, so I cannot tell whether it works like that or not. My guess would be not.
If you're already folloing a healthy program and you want to drink a Celsius, fine, but I wouldn't count on it to help lose weight other than drinking it instead of soemthing laden with sugar. For that matter, you can spend less on a regular diet soda.
-Michele
Old 04-03-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Undoubtedly the latest "magic pill" out there in liquid form!

As someone else posted recently (forgot who so can't give the proper credit) save your $$$ and buy some barbells and walking shoes!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
Undoubtedly the latest "magic pill" out there in liquid form!
Looking at the 'active ingredients' listed on the website, that pretty much sums it up. It's the same crap, only in a soft drink.

Green Tea Extract (I STILL can't believe that these marketers can sell such a commonly available item as a premium product...but they do - dang just DRINK regular green tea - you're probably better off).

Caffeine (which is the real 'secret ingredient' of 99% of those diet pills out there - people take them and believe that the 'buzz' they're getting means they're burning fat )

Guarana - which is basically another form of caffeine.

Ginger extract

Taurine - an amino acid - doesn't make you burn fat from anything I've read.

And I guess there must be some sort of unwritten law that these diet products must include chromium, even though it's been known for YEARS that they do absolutely nothing for weight loss.

Plus - a lot of these ingredients are ALREADY in "energy drinks" (hubby is a big fan of Diet Rockstar) so there really doesn't seem to be anything new here...Energy beverages are hot right now, so this is just another addition to the market IMO.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

I think I was the one who said save your money and buy dumbbells and walking shoes!

Pretty much sums it up ... it's the latest magic pill in liquid form ... I agree with Michele ... you'd spend less on a regular diet soda.
Closed Thread