Old 03-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #1  

Default I need somebody to pull me back in the boat!

I just can't seem to do it!!! I've been off plan for 2 weeks today . I got a horrible stomach virus that my wonderful husband brought home to us 2 weeks ago today that put me in the bed for 4 days. Hubby had it for 2 and lost 10 pounds. I didn't eat at all for 3 days, lost TWO pounds, and gained it right back when I started eating crackers.... .

I missed weigh in that Friday (I go once a week on Fridays) and told myself I'd start back on Monday. Well.... I was so happy to be able to eat, I ate whatever "just that one day" which has turned into 2 weeks of eating. I keep thinking I'll start back on plan tomorrow, so I eat "something good" tonight, and then get up the next morning and struggle with my evil side about "being good" and the evil side has won every day so far. Every day I mess up at breakfast, and tell myself I don't have to do that all day, I can start right back at lunch, and then it comes to lunch time and I can't think of what I want to eat, so I blow it, and then that's it for the day.

I did go weigh in on Monday of this week, and I was down one pound from the last weigh in on the 10th, but I'm sure I've gained since then. They didn't even say anything to me about missing those 2 weeks, and I only had 2 days of my diary filled out!

Anyway, I know I have to start back, and I'm going to count my breakfast this morning somehow, and keep going. I got my new elliptical machine yesterday, and I've worked out yesterday and today, so I think that will help motivate me. I just can't believe the change in my attitude over the years....I did FormYou3 before I had kids, and I just couldn't believe when people would come in and they had cheated, or been off plan, because they PAID to do it Now I"m one of them....

Thanks for letting me vent!

Michele
chelebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #2  

Hey Chele-

Just hop back on - we'll all help!

Isn't it so unfair how men lose so quickly?? AARRGH. and when you're under the weather, of course only comfort food works...

Can you try to pre-plan a little more? I have to pack my snacks for the next day and get breakfast decided before I go to bed - if I wake up and am left to my own devices there is sure to be trouble...LOL...

And don't beat yourself up-we all go off sometimes, and you had the excuse of being ill, too. Sometimes there's not even something to blame it on!

Hugs,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  

Thanks Ange. I appreciate the reply. I'm going to sit down now and plan out the weekend. I think that will help.

Michele
chelebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 PM   #4  

If you keep things on hand, it's so much easier - I always have a tupperware full of salad mix, string cheese, fruit, eggs, and other vegetables and whole-wheat english muffins on hand, along with ground turkey breat and chicken breasts and frozed fish.

You can pretty much whip something up with those things quickly and easily.

And of course the lower-sodium frozen Lean Cuisines or whatever, for when you are craving italian or mexican, it helps.

Bars and fruit and water I keep in the car for a day or 2 at a time - for those stuck-in-traffic moments!

You can pretty mu
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote