South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #1  

Default Weekend on the Beach

I guess I'll start us up. Once again I am still up working. Hopefully I'll be done in the next hour and then I can get to bed. At least I've got someone helping me this weekend since I am once again dealing with a password that is flaky. It worked this afternoon and doesn't like me now.

I don't have much planned for the weekend. It's supposed to be rainy which is good since we really need the rain.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:19 AM   #2  

Good night, gals! I'm heading to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:01 AM   #3  

Hey, I will be REALLY early for this weekend thread . . .

I can't sleep so I finally have time to check in with the Beach chicks. I read everything every day, but I rarely have time to post. Just wanted to check in.

I am doing great. I guess it was something about learning that I have diabetes, arthritis and high blood pressure within a short period of time. I "got away with" being overweight until now. As they say, it takes what it takes and something about these health issues makes me extremely motivated. I only deviated from the plan once -- and that was a conscious choice to have a small amount of French bread.

The weight is coming off slowly but it went up that way so what the heck.

Tomorrow is a busy day...an all day Mediation seminar and dinner with the inlaws. Sunday will be a day in the yard if it doesn't rain. I look forward to being able to start planting again (hi Ruth!).

The thing that helps with the food is that I am really focusing on all the SBD friendly things that I really LIKE. Sushi, salad, chicken with balsamic reduction, hummus, black beans, cereal, artichokes, asparagus, red wine, mushrooms . . . there are a lot of fabulous things you can have on this plan. And, no counting the darn points! Of course, I DO have to watch portion control which is the only thing with which I am having some difficulty.

Well, catch you chicks later . . .
Old 03-18-2006, 07:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Barb and SoCal! I hope you two are zzzzzing right now. BArb, how annoying to have a password problem when you are trying to get a job going. SoCal, nice to see you again although I do know you've been floating around.

I had corned beef and cabbage last night and the salt did NOT put my weight up. If I stayed the same after eating salty food, does that mean I really dropped three pounds? Guess not.

I was really hoping for a warmish day today but it's still in the 20's. I am dying to get to some of the fall cleanup that did not get done. It's really too cold to work out there and the ground is still frozen. However, there were two robins on the front lawn so Spring really is coming! I did my duty visit to Harry yesterday with Hershey so won't be going in this weekend.

So the day is mine! The dishwasher is running with the week's dishes, I have only two more loads of laundry to do and the kitchen and back room need a vacuumming. Hershey and Lucy are overdue for fur-cuts and are leaving big dust bunnies of fluff! It floats around like black milkweed puffs when the furnace blower goes on. One landed in my coffee mug this morning. Yick!

I plan to put the zip into my red spring jacket and then get cracking on that turquoise silk. Making something new is so much more satisfying than alterations and mending! One of these days I'm planning to get my legs and arms lengthened by four inches.

Asparagus and salmon are on the menu for dinner. Maybe the scale will show a loss tomorrow.

What's happening in your part of the Beach?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #5  

Get Up Sleepy Heads!!! Daylights A Burnin'!!

First CONGRAT TO RN (GRAND) MOM -- ohhh you must be on I just know she is gonna be a spoiled little princess! Whats our baby chicks name????

Soon:
Odd? Dish Darlin' !!!!! I just know it was just a formality..specially since they already filled your position at the other store...I picked up an Avon book at Curves last night... Does that Eye crap really work? I'm starting to git crinkly crepeness - m.u.s.t. s.t.a.l.l . aging process!!

Demeter:
what a GOHJIS picture of you !!! Purty lady!!!

Sarah:
the music festival sounds fun even if it rains! what kind of music?

Wezzo:
I bet your mouth is all green this morning! I hope you had a wonderful day darlin'

ShebasMom: What a fun surprising NSV!!!!!!!!! I miss seeing your posts you leetle lurker!

Socal: Good to see you on the boards again!

Barb: Sleep well

Ruth: oooh Turquoise is one of my favorite colors!!! Sounds like you have a chockfull day planned as usual! Enjoy yer nest!!

to all you other gals outthere!! (Where is my pearsydew? and Mamacita??? )

Yesterday was busy but I managed to get to Curves again.. I really forced myself.. I came here and to the Curves sub group under exercise, and I got Motivated to just Suck it up and GIT ER DONE! I felt soooooo goood afterwards..I've forgotten how wonderful that exercise "high" can be! I "binged" on 3 bean salad yesterday.. I just love BEANS!!! I had 3 cups of northern/Kidney/chickpea..with sliced red onion and redwine vinegar/splenda /water mix... I can't believe how filling and how long I stay satisfied on beans!
Today a group of us are going to the town brewery.. I plan only on tasting and have "saved" calories for it -- even though Beer is soooooo Off plan .! Speaking of which on my "new" plan of SB, calorie counting and exercise I'm down 4 pounds this week!!!
Ok time fer More CAWFEEEEEEEEEEEEE and water the yard! have a GREAT DAY GOILS!!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life!

GOOD MORNING!

Hi Shatzi, Ruth, SoCal and Barb! Yard work sounds nice but it's also way too cold here for my liking. My kids want me to get the Spring decor out...maybe we'll do that.

I got an early Tae Bo workout in with nothing specific on the agenda today. I have to give my mother a perm tomorrow but otherwise it's a free weekend.

RNMOM, CONGRATS!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
I finally got off my arse and got moving! Right now I'm basking in the glow of endorphins! after I post Its pamper time plucking dying etc. . .
Last night we had corned beef and cabbage soo good not my grammas but still I've been waiting for that since last St Patricks day I had some baileys in my coffee
this AM I was down 2 which is pretty darn nice considering I have equated my scale with the plague
Shatzi! Thats AMAZING YOU'RE ON FIRE!
Barb Sweet Dreams!
Ruth doggie fur in the CAWWFEE? UGH! the jacket and silk sound divine!
Socal mmmmm sushi you're doing great oh! if you like chicken try stuffing a breast with diced tomato Garlic and artichoke!
I'm off for some Girlie time before DH gets back and We become Errand centric
bbl
Kier
Old 03-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I just caught up on fridays thread! RNMOM CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! babies are blessings!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:55 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

It was a long day for us yesterday we left for Boston at 9AM and returned after 5 PM. Didn't eat much except for 3 slices of thick deli pastrami,mashed potatoes & brussel sprouts for dinner.

Thank you for all the support you have given us though the last few weeks. We really appreicate having friends like you.

Wish I could read your posts,but I really pressed for time. DD & DS with family is going to arrive this weekend. I trying to make this place baby proof with the young[2yo]grandson around. You know the terrible twos. hehe!!

Big Congrats to all the lossers & shrinkers on this board.I stayed the same this week.Hopefully I will be able to lose again, I have been lacks on the exercising,will start again on Monday.

Have to out for couple of things, will post later when I ge back.

Hugs BB
Old 03-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies! So I got my scale last night and it's my new best friend! Hope it's accurate. This morning after visiting the bathroom it read 145???!!! (last night it said 147) I'll wait till my Wednesday weigh in and move the marker if it's stayed off.

I'm excited because I'm meeting up with the ladies for dinner before the BF's show. Just really cherish my girl time.

Schatzi - Eric sings in an "alternative/punk/rock" band. You're right, it will definitely be fun even if it's raining (it's raining this morning in fact)

Beach bum - Good to see you. I think you're smart getting back on the exercise wagon. I know for me personally it really helps me deal with my emotions and stress.

KO - I love endorphins too. It always seems like exercise feels the best on those days when you really just don't feel like it.

Muffin - Enjoy the free weekend!

Ruth - You seem like such a neat crafty lady! Always being productive. Are you sewing for yourself or is it a side business/business?

SoCalBirdLady- Nice to meet you! Sounds like the beach is really workin' for ya and that you're enjoying it!

Barb - That sucks about your work stuff!! Hopefully you got a restful night of sleep.

Well that's about it. Going to head to the gym for an hour of weights and an hour of cardio. Want to get in a nice LONG workout since I have the time. I'll be back later~=!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Green beer for 11 hours. I have a headache. Did it to myself though. Ugh. And the bachelorette party is tonight. I smell like a brewery. This is not good.

And, Terry woke me up saying "Honey, where are your keys?" Well duh, in my coat pocket.....which is in the back seat of Molly's car..... Crap. So she's on her way out to my house to give me my coat so I can leave. I have the bridesmaid luncheon at 1:30. Hoorah. Mexican food is good, I just feel like napping. So much for tanning and shopping today. It's amazing how one day of moral decadence can change all your plans for the next day.

Hope you all are well. Will try to post pics from yesterday later on.

Lisa
Old 03-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Hope this works.

Last edited by weezle; 03-18-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Afternoon....I really was up this morning...I went to Curves today...there's a new person (or train wreck - whatever) to watch. I call her giggle/wiggle. She DOES NOT wear a BRA! (Me...I'm wear 2 just so I don't get knocked out!) And then on the little step recovery areas she just jumps & swings her arms like a freak...kinda scary! WOW - what a mess!
Weezle - have fun at the luncheon!
Schatzi - I've been using the cream in the morning only & I notice my upper lids are tighter, but I don't notice a change in the under eye. Did your AVON book have a sample on the front cover? Some areas got the books with a sample on the front and other areas did not. If you want to try it PM me your address & I'm send you a couple sample cards. I promise not to stalk you....ask Pearsy & Stephie they sent me their addresses & I haven't stalk them at all!
Sarah - great job!! The scale is my friend today as well...210! (Watch out Pearsy...you're going to be paying me!)
Beach Bum - you & your family are still in my prayers....take care of yourself!
SoCal - hello! Welcome back!
Ruthie -Sounds like a busy day for you....I gotta catch up with you....I have lots of cleaning to do!
Barb - I hope you got the sleep you needed...that stinks about the password.
Muffin & KO - Hello, have a great weekend!
Me - DF & I went gorcery shopping last night & I ran into my current boss. She told me that I did great at my interview & I have a second one with the DM later this week. We discussed the General Mgr at the store. He was odd...he would talk bad about my current boss (which I did not like! I adore my current boss!) he would tell me that he is all about the associates and making them happy....ok, but then he tells me a story where he made the supervisor look like a jerk in front of the associates. I don't want a boss that's not going to be on my side....ugh. But it will mean more $$$$. If I get this job, my checks will pay for our bills & Mike's (df) will be to save for our house/wedding. So I guess I have to keep my eye on the prize!!
Well I'm off to do some much needed cleaning...see ya later!
Old 03-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #14  
gotta lose it!

cute pic weezle!
Old 03-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Thanks soon! I love my family.
Closed Thread