Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #1  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Default Im so proud of myself!!

Tonight, my children and I went to the store. I bought over $100 dollars worth of fruit and veggies. I also bought my kids a box of donuts because they were so good and I never buy those things for them. Well we get home, have dinner and BAM the next thing they want is donuts. These are CHOCOLATE donuts. I love chocolate. So I give them 2 each, they are the small ones. They tell me that I can have one too..Ohh how sweet of them lol..but I said NO thanks and DIDNT!!! Im so proud of myself that I didnt have ANY!! This time 3 months ago, I would have had a few, not one, but a few, probably around 5 . They are sitting on the counter right now and I can honestly say that I dont want any. Im eating strawberries and they satisfy me fully. I need to eat more fruit so I bought, strawberries, cantalope, red raspberries, blueberries, oranges, tangerines, kiwis, mangos, apples, bananas and honeydew LOL..i know, alot to buy when in reality I have to eat all these before the week is over so they dont go bad on me. I would really like to try new fruits. Does anyone have any suggestions on the fruits that they like?

Have a great day!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #2  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Awesome!

Yes, awesome job!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh man now a fruit salad sounds really good....
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #4  
with my mind on my monkey

Looks like you thought of everything except for the 4 P's: pears, plums, peaches & pineapples! Great shopping and exceptional self-control! Keep it up!!
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #5  
Starbucks Addict!

Opps, I do have peaches and plums!!! I totally forgot about them!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #6  
Sweet Success

Mmm mm mmm, all this fruit going around. I think spring is in the air!
I have plenty of apples in the fridge, some kiwi, and I love those tangerines. I did have some banana's but I am a bit iffy to buy them. I can't get them all ate before they go bad. I really wish there was a way to keep banana's a bit longer. I can't wait until the cantaloups go on sale. MMMMMMmmm.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #7  
Starbucks Addict!

I had some of the cantalope tonight!! It was soooo good. I tried to use my melon baller, but I have no idea how to make balls LOL they made like spirals. Does anyone know how to make the balls lol
Old 03-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #8  
with my mind on my monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyRoo
I did have some banana's but I am a bit iffy to buy them. I can't get them all ate before they go bad. I really wish there was a way to keep banana's a bit longer.
If you peel the overripe bananas and put them in ziploc bag in the freezer,
you can use them to make banana bread, cake or pancakes or stir them into hot oatmeal.
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #9  
Starbucks Addict!

Oh, you peel them!! I froze them in the peels and they were so mushy I didnt want to use them lol
Old 03-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #10  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Great job on the self control with the doughnuts! It can be so tough when you have to accommodate the needs and wants of others as well as yourself.

Great job, too, on raising such caring, generous little ones. Many kids wouldn't care if anyone else had a doughnut or not, as long as they had theirs. Your kids want to share. That's really sweet.

We've been having a lively discussion over on the Nutrition section of the boards. One thread is called How Does One Pick an Apple. We started out talking just about apples (there seems to be a big contingent of Fuji lovers -- I, myself, am a brand, new Fuji convert!), but expanded the conversation into lots of other fruits. There is another thread called Picking Ripe Fruit. It has a big spread on all different types of fruits!

Hope that helps!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #11  
Starbucks Addict!

Oh great! Im going to check it out now. I like Fuji apples. I just bought some Pink Lady apples. Never had them before. Last June, we went to Hood River and I bought a bunch of apples from the stands. My dumb mistake, I didnt label them. I must have gotten 4 apples of every single apple known to man, but I had no idea what I was eating LOL. We are going again this June and Im throwing a Sharpie in my purse before we head out!

As for my kids, they really a sweetie pies...when they want to be LOL
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #12  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations - isn't it wonderful when our willpower is tested and we succeed?! You can freeze the berries pretty easily, too, if you can't finish it all - just make sure you freeze the raspberries and straberries in a single layer on a tray (a baking sheet) before you put them in bags - otherwise they all stick together. Keep up the good work!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
Oh man now a fruit salad sounds really good....
That's exactly what I was thinking..."ooooo...strawberries...."
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 PM   #14  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I just read on another thread (in Calorie Counters) that strawberries are only 5 calories. FIVE!!! Yeah, baby, chow down! Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #15  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecrush
Oh, you peel them!! I froze them in the peels and they were so mushy I didnt want to use them lol
I remember doing something like that to a banana. Dumb me one day thought I could put them in the fridge/freezer to get them to last longer. Like other fruits. BIIGGG MISTAKE!!!. All I remember is they turn something ugly.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote