Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 02:37 AM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Sugar Plum

I knew you had a little touch of Tinkerbell in you -- love that swirl by your name!

I'm only posting to change my sig numbers. Every little bit counts.

Peaches, haven't been able to find a pic of my kitty on my 'puter. Will have to scan. I'll bet they're related...

Kiwi
Old 09-21-2001, 06:49 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Everybody get here?

I guess we're at a new site. Notice how much more effective the 3fc's were at that than Cybermum.

I am spending eternity online. I have a headache. I am all alone for the weekend (with many furbearing critters), DH gone sailing (in the rain--yuk), DD gone to friend's overnight. I am going to watch movies from the library, just as soon as I finish finding my parents a lovely place to stay next weekend.

Tata kids
Kiwi
Old 09-21-2001, 10:50 PM   #18  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default skip this

if u dont' want to read about a cat.

I saw this stray cat at the police station when I went there on my routine Monday visit. He was in a cage on his way to the pound. It's not uncommon to see this.

However, I thought this cat was special. So I told Herbie that I had found this beautiful cat and I wanted it. He said No Kittens and No Pooping In The House.

I went and got the cat, took him to the vet who did the vet thing and cleaned him up. He was the most beautiful animal I have ever seen. And sweet and gentle and loving.

Herbie liked him. Herbie smiled. Herbie said "When can he go outside."

I said Never. He's an Indoors Cat. He is not looking for a door; he wont' run from any kid who tries to pick him up and carry him off; he probably made it to Death Row because he doesn't do well outside.

Herbie said, "Then he doesn't belong here."

Then I arranged to hand him over to my backup plan .. a lovely woman whose husband and cat died this year and who wants an Indoor Cat.

Herbie is surprised. Says he didn't mean it. Why don't I go get the cat?

Moral: Cats are not as strange as Herbies.

(The cat and the woman are perfect for each other.Both wonderful and she has Cream of Chicken baby food stored with her cat food ... I can get Herbie a NEW indoor cat)
Old 09-22-2001, 02:46 PM   #19  
fatter than U

Default found this place!

The 3FCs keep their promises and don't fiddle around like C*berm*m. Thank you, dears. We need this place.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Herbie is a saint.

Kiwi!!!!! You lost 2 pounds! Yippeee!

My internet connection is sooooo slow today.
Old 09-22-2001, 03:15 PM   #20  
Member w/ messiest house

Default It's true

Herbie is a saint -- he cares more for his darling Peaches' feelings than his reluctance to have cats in the house. Peaches of course is a saint too for being willing to give up the most beautiful cat in the world to someone who needs him.

My dog won't eat enough to get her weight back up to normal. Now it should be easy to put weight on a dog -- just offer people food, but it's not so easy in this case because she has to be on a low protein diet because her kidneys are marginal. I can't believe she turns up her nose at her homemade dinner -- it has hamburger, eggs, garlic, rice and bread in it. I would eat it myself except it also has ground up TUMs for calcium which frankly doesn't do much for me. Maybe if I fixed all the ingredients but didn't mix them together, she would think I had lost my mind and was feeding her my dinner.

That reminds me of you, Sugar. Does your surfeit of kidneys mean you can eat extra protein without consequence? You could be one of the few ideal candidates for the hi protein diets everyone is so crazy about (which are known to impair kidney function if followed for any length of time--my cleanie dietitian friend told me that).

Spent way too much time online yesterday looking for the right place for my parents to stay on Mt Desert Island next weekend, and my shoulder is killing me. So I'm wearing a sling and only using the keyboard, not the mouse. Ho hum

Kiwi
Old 09-23-2001, 02:19 PM   #21  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default sling?

what's wrong with your shoulder, Kiwi? Mine hurts and Herbie makes me take Grapeseed stuff and Glucosamine Sulfide. Then it stops hurting. Really.

Did y'all see that recent Newsweek that's about ageing? The WHOLE thing. It talks about what to eat and how to exercise to stay young and cute. I recommend it.

I miss having Lush to kick around.
Old 09-23-2001, 06:36 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I saw that

but I didn't read the whole thing. I got depressed that they were showing pictures of 50 yr olds and I am almost 46. Some of those 50 yr olds looked about 25. I only look 25 in my mind.

Grapeseed and Glucosamine? Maybe that would help me.

I have walked today and yesterday. Only the fact that my dog needs the exercise gets me out there. But at least I went.

I'm so cheery. Let's see--how about a joke with a purpose:

Passwords
------------
Passwords are like underwear:

Don't share them, hide them under your keyboard, or hang them
from your monitor.

Above all, change them frequently.

Isn't that a lovely thought?

Kiwi
Closed Thread