Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

View Poll Results: Do you have resentment for thin women?
Yes, I hate them all! 3 2.83%
Yes, some. 22 20.75%
Yes, a little. 26 24.53%
No. 52 49.06%
No, I surround myself with them! 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #46  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

I have nothing but respect for people who have worked really hard and who are now thin. Also, i have nothing but respect for people who are thin in general. (obviously im a respectful person)

I do feel bad for the tiny girls that belive they are fat! Like the 90 pound girl at the office that worried about eating the donut I hope that when i am skinny, i have MUCH more self confidence than some of the skinny girls i know

It is sad that in today's society, when people succeed they are riduculed for it, or they way they did it.
Remember Asop's fable about the fox and the grapes????
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #47  
a new me, I soon will be

I don't have resentment for those who are thin, but it's difficult for me when it's family. Don't get me wrong I love them more than life, but it gets old listening to my mother and sister complain about their weight (both wear size 4). I understand that they are just insecure about themselves but it's hard to listen to them when I'm many sizes larger. I'd like to think that I'm a stronger person by listening to their woes of weight gain and not completely flipping out. My sister is not so bad; she is very strict about me not putting myself down. My mom on the other hand...well, I guess she does what moms do. She likes to give suggestions and goes on and on about how hard she works to stay thin. She even goes as far as to "joke" that she has to starve herself (when I really think that she does at times). I can overlook remarks about my weight most of the time from her, but recently she offered the idea that my stepfather and I should look into a 2-for-1 special on the lap band procedure. Personally, I don't feel as big as I guess that I am perceived by others and I can live with me...even if my thin mother can't.
becgris is offline   Reply With Quote