Old 08-18-2006, 05:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 246/235/154

Height: 5'7''

The only thing that I have really cut off are cookies. I used to say "Ok, I can have two with my coffee for breakfast and it won't be too bad". But once I ate one I just couldn't stop! So no more cookies for me until I can control them :P
PollyRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Having boxes of snackable cereal in the house. I've now been eating cream of wheat every morning for over a year, and love it. Plus there's no grabbing handfuls of the stuff after dinner...gotta cook it first and I really just like to eat it in the morning. Nice hearty breakfast that keeps me from getting hungry!

Also, when I was a kid we used to drink LARGE glasses of orange juice with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I can only imagine how many extra hundreds of calories we were consuming each day because of this habit. Now I drink nothing but water, and have actually been doing that for several years. No way could anyone convince me that any drink is better than cold H2O with ice! Hey, it's what humans were meant to drink, right?!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #33  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Sweets, chocolate and white bread are the foods I have no desire to eat anymore. Occasionally I will try something but it really does not do it for me so to speak. I choose whole grain bread and fruit because I like them. I have gotten into Skinny Cow sanwiches since I have been back the past week but our commisary is notorious for letting things melt and refreeze that those will be out after I finish the pack I have here. They don't trigger me to eat more either. Its funny. I just want one and that is it. A year ago I would of been all over that pack!!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #34  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

I guess like many of you, foods that I may have "given up" in the beginning of my weight-loss tend to either now be foods that I CAN eat in moderation because my taste-buds have adjusted, or they are foods that I just don't have a taste for at all. For example, I "gave up" potato chips starting out and after eating about ten (Pringles sour cream 'n onion) last week, the taste was so strange to my mouth! And I didn't want anymore! There was a day when I could have knocked out that whole can in one sitting!!!

Ice cream on the other hand, I didn't "give up," but I did learn to eat 1/2 c. (1 serving) and be done with it, that is, when I crave ice cream, which is actually not that often.

So, how nice it is to know that we can make the choices to have, to not have, or to have in moderation.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your responses!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Mine are the exact same food items!!! That FF coolwhip is dangerous!!!!
Laura Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #36  

I would have to say Pepsi and chips .
didi65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #37  

Well I never tried to keep these things in my diet...I forbade them from Day 1 cause I was emotionally attached to them....greasy fast food, chips, and chocolate bars. 3+ months without them...and counting!!
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

The first 4 months I was on my diet I didn't eat a chocolate candy bar except the alternative sugar free chocolate toffee by russel stover. Then I took a break from it all (grief) then resumed the first week of July. I didn't have any (not even the alternatives) until today. I had a snickers bar. It tasted good but I didn't feel the need to keep going.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:42 AM   #39  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Chex Mix----(my study buddy food)
German Choc. Cake (Holidays will never be the same But they will be better because I will be healthy!)
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #40  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm with homebound. Definitely peanut butter. I tried to work it back in in controlled amounts, but it's just not working for me. One little tablespoon just makes me want more more more.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #41  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Ice cream and microwave popcorn. I would have one or the other and sometimes both on the same night. Dh pops my air-popped popcorn for me so I don't get it that often as he works nights. We will occasionally get ice cream for the kids and I'll have some in one of those 'similac' bowls for babies that my mom sent in for when my oldest started eating cereal.

Another thing I'm working on giving up is fast food. I used to 'sneak off' to mc d's on the way home from bringing dh his dinner at work {kids with ex h, baby contentedly dozing in back seat} Chicken nuggets and french fries are my downfall. I recognized it as stress related eating, but still couldn't let it go, y/k? I've done well the last couple weeks mostly because DH just came off military orders so we've not had the money. I'm working on my self-talk so I will be strong enough to bypass the entire 'strip' where the fast food joints are located during my lunchtime trips.

There's more, but I need to get dinner started.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Bread, I love making bread and eatting bread, I tried to have it on weekends only in moderation but, it's like a drug so for now I just can't have it.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5' 2"

Cheese, Chocolate, and Pasta.. in that order. Ugh.
Oh, and those dang Mint Milano Cookies... I tried just having those once a month or so. No, that didn't work out.
ifonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Aldi's version of Nutella (a chocolate hazelnut spread). If I spread it real thin on apple slices, it is a reasonable treat, but along comes PMS, and I end up eating it with a spoon.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 269/264/160

Height: 5'5

Not even a food for me it is Sugary Drinks like Coke a cola!
Merissa is offline   Reply With Quote