Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #16  

Listen, if he is your best friend then he understands you pretty well. You need to TALK to him about this. Don't assume anything. For one thing, you can fix healthy yummy meals and lose weight without him feeling deprived. My husband weighs 160 lbs less than I do, he can walk anywhere he wants without getting tired, etc. I COOK! I know for younger women, who work full time that is a dirty word, but buy yourself a crockpot and the Fix it and Forget it Lightly cookbook and go to it. You can put it on in the morning and it is done in the evening when you get home. I am fixing Coq Au Vin tonight for dinner! As for the pizza etc, I would do two things. I would have Lean Cuisine, WW whatever pizzas in your freezer and eat one of those when he wants pizza. If he wants chick-fil-a I think they have chicken sandwiches that aren't wrapped in batter and fried. I would ask him to cut out the eating junk food except for once every two weeks or so at the most, once a month is better. Plan for it and have whatever you want on that day. Don't even worry about the calories, just only do it once in awhile.

Good luck to you and I know you can do this!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #17  
Winning by Losing

S/C/G: 263/208/150

Height: 5'8"

He could be your activity coach or something too maybe? Not only talk to him about what you need in regards to his support with your weight loss, but perhaps if he played an active role in getting you more active ... it may help? Just a thought.
karistiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My DH is not active and healthy but not as motivated to lose weight as I am. I cook for both of us at home. If he really wants fast food, he will wait until work and go to lunch to get it. We do have schedules fast food days twice a month and I try to pick healthier stuff off the menu there. We really are not doing too badly. I leave in the evening to go workout while he watches the kids and I don't have to worry about them. In reality it is really not too hard. See if maybe he can eat healthy around you. If he will eat what you fix and if he needs the fast food and craves it, just to wait until he goes to work or whatever. Just to not involve you in it. That has worked really well for us.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote