Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #31  
JML
Success Story!!!

Have a great trip, Jessica!

In my mid-twenties, I had some anxiety too about the thirties. I was feeling like life was marching on and that I would be stuck in the same place with the same struggles. That anxiety did me some good though. It was an additional motivator to change the things I decided I did not want to live with -- like, being over 100 pounds overweight. I think perhaps that negative emotions like anxiety, fear, sorrow, grief, etc. can work to our good if we are aware of them, if we listen to what they are trying to tell us, and if we take action as a result, provided it's a prudent action of course.

The thirties are great! I'm having the best time! The thirties have brought me much more emotional stability than my twenties -- and don't even get me started about the teen decade. Ugh. I'm in much better physical shape than I was in my 20's or teens. I feel like I know who I am and I'm happy with who I am. So far, the thirties are the best. Nothing to fear!!!

Think of it this way ----- Your first act of the thirties was going to Hawaii! During the thirties is when you will reach your weight goals. Just at Hawaii alone, it's a great decade so far, right? Add weight loss success to that! How about other goals you might like to accomplish? It could be a fantastic decade!!!!

Keep positive and happy 30's,

Jeanne
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #32  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Happy Birthday Jessica, hope you have a great trip! As someone who's turning 22 in July, I look forward to what the coming years have in store for me. I'm sure you're 30's will be fabulous!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote