Old 01-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #16  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone i really love getting all the advice it helps get my chin up, I would love anybody that want's to be my friend! Thanks for all the tips and support I can do this.
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #17  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I really do think that starting, and the first few weeks, are the hardest part of this whole thing. It all just seems so daunting, and it feels like it will take forever and you'll never get there.

You will, believe me. The more you do this, the more it will feel second nature. I exercise every morning before work. The first week or so of doing it after any break always kills me, having to drag myself out of my warm bed when it's dark, cold and wet outside to get to the gym. But after a week or so I start waking up naturally about 2 minutes before the alarm goes off, and I do it. It's the same with eating or whatever you're having trouble with at the time. As you find new favourite food, or exercise you enjoy, you'll get into the habit of doing it, and you'll start to get those moments where you think about food you've not had for months and realise that you've not even craved it or thought about it during that time, that it's lost its power.

Breaking it down is a fantastic idea. I never quite believed that I needed to lose 100lb (denial is a powerful thing), and once I accepted that I did need to lose it, I didn't think I'd be able to. I had always been fat, and I just assumed (without questionning it) that I always would be.

It was only when I discovered this place that I started looking at an overall goal, before that I'd just really been taking it about 10 - 15lb at a time, without thinking where it was leading. By this point I'd already lost around 30lb and the thought of doing the same thing twice more seemed impossible. Sure, I was getting compliments about the weight I'd already lost, but it felt like such a long slog to get there that I didn't know whether I could keep it up. Each of these 30lb chunks breaks down into 10lb chunks, but to stop me going on for ages I'll put them into 30s.

The second 30lb was easier than the first. I'd worked out a lot of stuff about how to make healthy meals I enjoyed, how to fit exercise into my life and how to keep myself motivated, and I seemed to get from 230 to 200 far easier than I expected to do.

And the third 30lb was maybe slower as I get closer to goal, but I know what I'm doing and I just do it. Emotionally it's not hard at all, it's just a case of living what has become my new life. I didn't expect that new life to include half marathons and yoga and salad, but it does, and I like it that way.

Now I've lost 91lb I'm still just doing it. I once read a post (can't remember who from) saying that time will pass anyway whether you stick to it or not. But this time next year you could be the same weight as you are now (or heavier), or you could be well on your way to a healthier body. It WILL take time, and there will be moments where you think it's too much, but it will get easier, and it will be SOOOO worth it.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #18  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

thanks for talk it's helping Im sure i will have this same problem again next week and i will rely on you all to get me through it, I have to do this and I CAN.
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote