Old 12-07-2005, 07:01 AM   #16  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat
Sarah, how do you like the weight control oatmeal? I tried it because I like having more protein and less sugar, but it teasted lumpy and just awful to me. I don't know if I got a bad batch, or what. I'm used to the flavored instant oatmeals.
My name isn't Sarah, but I've tried the Banana flavor weight control oatmeal, and I really like it. I like to add a little less water so it's really thick, and to me, it kinda tastes like banana bread on a spoon I haven't tried the other flavor, though. What I like is the "lower sugar" instant oatmeal--I buy the box that has both peaches n cream and strawberries n cream flavors (of course, you get more of the peaches than the strawberries). They have 6g sugar and 4g protein (the regular kind has 12g sugar and 3g protein)

As for me, I turned yesterday into a dieting disaster between the unexpected pizza for lunch and the home-made bread I made for my co-workers (but you know I ended up eating plenty of it myself). I would guess I hit about 2300 calories yesterday. *sigh* Today is a new day:
  • yogurt
  • oatmeal
  • Special K bar
  • fruit cocktail
  • Healthy Choice hotdogs on wheat buns
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody! I'm just getting back from vacation, so I'm still reeling from the time change, (we were in Italy). Time to get back to focusing, I realized that through all of the traumas that I've had this fall, I've basically lost 2.8#s in 2 months, now I know that's better than the alternative, and I also know that even a year ago, this would have been a very large gain, so I'm happy.

That being said, I have no more excuses....

Here's yesterday:

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
1 - apple
5 - zone bar
1 - coffee
3 - tuna
3 - lite mayo
2 - ww bread
3 - cookie
24 points (out of 26)

exercise: 10 mins bike (70 cals), 30 min precor (300 cals), yoga

Have a great day everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #18  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat
Sarah, how do you like the weight control oatmeal? I tried it because I like having more protein and less sugar, but it teasted lumpy and just awful to me. I don't know if I got a bad batch, or what. I'm used to the flavored instant oatmeals.
Hi there, rabidstoat!

This is the first time in my adult life I've ever eaten an instant oatmeal -- I always opted for the steel cut, old fashioned or Irish oatmeals. (Usually the former.) I don't want sugar, do want fiber, don't want sodium, and would love some protein. Therefore, I thought these Weight Smart oatmeal packets were worth a shot -- they seemed to fit my criteria. I am very happy with the cinammon flavor -- I haven't tried the banana yet, but my partner really liked the flavor of it. Interestingly, she found it too watery!! I think it's a matter of just getting the fluid proportion right for your tastes. I like 3/4 of a cup. That's the ticket for me. For her, 2/3 of a cup is just right. If it's just the consistency that you don't like, I'd recommend just playing with the water or milk quantity till you find just the right fit for you. In my book, the nutritional benefits it has to offer, combined with the convenience and cost, make it worth it.

Hope it works for you!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #19  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good Morning all!

Last night was my first "food event" of the month. We got together with the inlaws to celebrate birthdays. On the menu? Salad, Pizza Hut breadsticks, pizza, cake and ice cream.

I asked for light dressing for my salad which she had, just didn't have out. I skipped the breadsticks, but had pizza. When it came time for cake & ice cream I poured a glass of diet root beer (I had been drinking water) and said I didn't want any! I expected the whole "but it's your birthday cake" speech, but all I got was a good for you. And I denied taking any home even though Steve and Jacob would have loved that.

12/6/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
161 - 4 triscuts & cheese
320 - Plain grilled chicken sandwich
40 - Salad w/ light dressing
750 - 3 slices pizza
1481 - TOTAL

Lunch was at 11:00 an dinner was at 6:00. I would never usually go so long between meals, but I had a root canal at 12:00, so I was all numb.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #20  
Downsizing Dee!

I've tried the oatmeal as well and find it ok - well as far as oatmeal goes.

Excellent job Sandi - that's one battle fought and won!

Tuesday
Breakfast - Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal, coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Snack - Apple
Lunch - Flavoured Tuna on whole wheat crackers
Snack - Tangerine & crackers
Dinner - Swiss Chalet (chicken noodle soup, 1/2 chicken club wrap, 2 pieces garlic bread with cheese)
Calories ~ 1390

Exercise
Stretching/Aerobics - 30 mins
Rowing Machine - 15 mins

Have a great day everyone!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #21  
I climb mountains!

Hi, Andie! Of COURSE you can hang with us!! Although, you should know, we have a few gents here as well, and they are absolutely lovely also. I suggest you post a quick intro in your very own thread so everybody can give you a proper welcome. You'll find that we're an extremely warm and supportive group here, so I'm really glad that you found us.

SANDI!!! YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF!! (If you were here, I'd give you one of those Elaine-from-Seinfeld body slams!) I am just bursting with pride for you, girl. Look at what you're proving to yourself.

Beth, great job jumping right back into the swing of things! I want you to tell us about your trip!! I lived in Italy for 3 years during my twenties, so I am just desperate to hear where you went and anything else you're willing to share!! (Although now I'm having some heinous cravings, thank you very much. I guess I'll eat some dry All Bran Extra Fiber and drink 24 oz. of water -- yeah, that ought to satisfy my porcini pasta craving..... )Anyway, SPILL it, girl!!

OK, planned eats for today:

AM: Weight Control oatmeal and a protein drink, 30 oz. water (DONE!)
MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water
MID PM: 1 small container (single serving) Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water
DINNER: Uhhhh.....probably chicken and a big salad, like last night......it was to die for!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #22  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Beth, Welcome back, paisano!!! Where in Italy did you go?

Sandi I am so proud of you I think I could burst!!!

Andie, of course you are welcome here!! We post our eats in this thread, to keep each other accountable, and honest, and to get & give advice when needed. Jillegal is our 'warden' but she is having family issues right now, so Young Jilly & Dishy Fishy have taken her place. Sarah prolly explained all this better than I did (I'm still home, not showered yet & have my glasses on!), I just skimmed, but YES!!! WELCOME!

12/7

1 cup iced gingerbread coffee, black

1 yellow apple
1 red pear
1 serving "pizza" pasta (mushroom, onion, spinach, pepperoni, black olives over fresh homemade pasta)
2 cups green tea/green tea w/lemon & ginseng

1 serving lo-so triscuits
1-2 servings onion/chive cream cheese

1 lean cuisine chicken alfredo meal
1 cinnamon candy cane
1 can peach fresca--I threw this away. Got an immediate headache from it.

Dinner:
  • 20 shrimps
  • cocktail sauce that I made w/WAY too much horseradish & Catalina FREE dressing.
  • a 3 inch piece of French bread that I cut into thin slices
  • roasted garlic on some of those pieces of bread
  • 1 cookie my mother made--store bought almond cookies, she put chocolate frosting on them & then crushed candy canes

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 12-08-2005 at 01:05 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #23  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
OK, planned eats for today:

MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water
MID PM: 1 small container (single serving) Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water
DINNER: Uhhhh.....probably chicken and a big salad, like last night......it was to die for!
Update:

MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water (DONE!)

So far, so good! I'm so happy, I'm 3 pounds down so far for the week! (Gotta love that first week back, right? )
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 PM   #24  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

My DD needs to have lots of fiber in her diet, so when I make her oatmeal, I sprinkle in some ground flax seed and some wheat bran. Make sure it's ground flax -- the whole stuff goes right through you. That might help increase the fiber for you. For protein, use milk instead of water.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Huh, maybe I'll give the weight control oatmeal another try. Or get a different flavor or box. Mine had big chunks that just did not seem to want to dissolve in water, so I'd be eating and there'd be these dry chunks in it. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know, never had regular oatmeal refuse to stir, though. And I do like the low-sugar stuff, that's what I get. I like apple best, you get more of it, but I do the peaches/strawberries some as a change of flavor. Had some today, in fact!

Wednesday
Breakfast: Strawberry and cream low sugar oatmeal, Morningstar breakfast patty, 1 oz cheese
Snack: Luna Bar
Lunch: Shrimp creole over brown rice
Snack: Desserts at the building party (small 2-bite brownie, small 2 bite cookie bar, pirouette cookie, 3 grapes, and a large marshmallow, strawberry, and banana slice dipped in dark chocolate -- estimate about 460 calories, should be conservative, I hope)
Dinner: McDonald's grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing

Well, the dessert sampling was good. Thank goodness they cut such amazingly small portions of everything! I ate a little bit of a lot, but about half or a third as much as I saw most people put on their plates, so I figured I did well comparatively.

No exercise.
Calories: About 1783
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #26  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Default Gosh, I feel as though I've missed a lot!

Great to have you here, Sarah, welcome back, Beth, and hello to Andie! And Sandi... You're doing so well!

I maintained again at yesterday's WI which is unsurprising since I've not exactly been consistent with eating and exercising. I figure I need to get back to basics: setting realistic, but strict, rules, and jolly well sticking to them!

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking over the last few days, and I'm re-committing right here and now to getting to my goal.

I've made some slight adjustments to my plan, and I'm confident I can live with it. My aims are set out here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...33#post1037033

I'll be back later to post my menu for tomorrow.

DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #27  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger
My DD needs to have lots of fiber in her diet, so when I make her oatmeal, I sprinkle in some ground flax seed and some wheat bran. Make sure it's ground flax -- the whole stuff goes right through you. That might help increase the fiber for you. For protein, use milk instead of water.
I've heard good things about ground flax! Never got around to using it because I had such success with All Bran Extra Fiber and Kashi Go Lean -- not to mention my beloved soybeans.

As for the milk for protein, I know it adds some protein, but it functions much more as a simple carbohydrate source than that of protein. I love my fat free milk, low fat cottage cheese, and nonfat yogurt as calcium sources, but for protein, I look instead to my chicken and turkey breast meat, my soybeans, and my no sugar/no sodium/no carb whey protein drinks.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #28  
I climb mountains!

Here's how I ended up for the day:

MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID PM: 1 small container (single serving) Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water (With the addition of 1 1/2 oz. fat free pretzels, DONE!)
DINNER: Uhhhh.....probably chicken and a big salad, like last night......it was to die for! (Turned out, Lorraine surprised me with a fat free tomato/chicken/rice baked dish, so I ended up with 4 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup basmati rice, 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, 1/4 cup low sodium canned tomatoes, and a generous-but-not-huge romaine/mesclun/baby spinach/fresh vine-ripened tomato salad with a little olive oil and a lot of vinegar, another 16 oz. water, and 2 glasses of red wine.)
AFTER DINNER: 20 oz. water (DONE!)

All told, I ended up today with 1666 calories, 12% fat.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #29  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Summary for Mon 5/12:

Water: 2 litres.
Total kcals: 1681
Exercise: None.

Summary for Tues 6/12:

Water: 2½ litres.
Total kcals: 1384
Exercise: 30 minutes light strength training.

Weds 7/12:

318- 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
282- ½ cup black beans, 0.6 cup brown rice, 2 tblsp. sweetcorn, 1 tblsp. sour cream, steamed broccoli.
75- 1 oz slice whole-grain bread.
469- 3½ oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup multi-grain fusilli, onion, peppers & tomato sautéed in ½ tblsp. olive oil, 3 tblsp. Parmigiano cheese.
81- 6 oz apple.

Water: 3 litres.
Total kcals: 1225
Exercise: 40 minute walk.

Tomorrow's Plan:

Breakfast: Banana & blueberries in milk with hemp protein powder.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, tomatoes.
Dinner: Chicken & multi-grain fusilli with veggies & Parmigiano cheese.
Snacks: slice whole-grain bread, apple.
Exercise: 30 minutes light strength training.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #30  
Downsizing Dee!

I was way too low on calories yesterday. Grabbed a quick supper so I didn't really take the time to add a few more of the things I should have. Today should be better.

Wednesday
Breakfast - Apple, Yogurt, Coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Snack - Tangerine
Lunch - 1/2 chicken club wrap
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Toaster roast beef sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard, baked tomato, yogurt
Calories ~ 950

Exercise
Stretching/Aerobics - 30 mins
Rowing Machine - 15 mins
Treadmill - 25 mins

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote