Old 07-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #1  
I CAN do this!

Default Joining the 100lb Club (I lost 3 pounds!)

I joined 3fatchicks.com a few months back, but never went anywhere with my weight loss.

1 week ago I was sick of my lack of losing, sick of carrying around all this extra weight, sick of not being able to wear shorts in the summer!

1 week ago I started sticking with my goal of changing my lifestyle.

1 week ago I gave up soda pop, my number one addiction. The only drinks I allow myself are 100% Juice, Water, 100% natural teas and Milk.

In one week I lost 3 pounds!

This week, my goal is to continue my drinking habits and add at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. (shouldn't be hard since my German Shepherd is dying for a walk right now!)

My mini goal is to lose 11 pounds, but my big goal is to lose 120 pounds.

But, here's why I'm here... I need all the support I can get
LegallyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #2  
undeniably moby

You definitely came to the right place. These folks are supportive and wonderful, and I've learned so much since I've been hanging out here.

Welcome!
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:41 PM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

So you're legally brunette ... I've often been (J)illegally blonde.

Welcome and congratulations on making the decision to be healthier, happier (and hotter) You've come to the right place!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #4  

Congratulations on the first three pounds, you loser!!! Here's to many more posts telling us how much you have lost!!!

Welcome to the boards, it's so cool here, and everyone is fantastically helpful, and more than a little crazy!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes

I do have a question... what do you do when you're just starving and no where near health food?? I was at work today and the only food I had access to was vending machine junk I know I need to learn to make healthier choices and take a snack to work with me...*sigh* I know now...
Old 07-11-2005, 08:01 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

ugh, the evil vending machines! I occasionally have to give in to the vending machines as well. Mine has the little bags of Smartfood white cheddar popcorn, which have 100 calories a bag, I think. If that's out, I sometimes go for the trail mix or Sun Chips (not exactly health food, but better than the Pop Tarts or Honey Buns I used to get!). Just try to find something (and I know it's hard without being able to se the labels) that won't completely kill your diet. Even if I make a bad choice, I can usually indulge in it and then make up for it by cutting back a little on something else later in the day and still ending up on-plan overall. Good luck!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, LB!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #8  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!! Post early and post often, and you'll find yourself swimming in support. This is a great place for it.

As to vending machine junk, as Jillybean said, it's a matter of judging the relative healthiness of the various snacks. Pretzels, which aren't fried, are lower in fat and calories than potato chips. Animal crackers are lower in calories than candy bars. Just about anything is lower in calories than Honey Buns. *sighs a little wistfullY*

Anyway, the other thing that helps me is pre-planning. I try to eat a good solid lunch, so I don't get ravenously hungry during my dangerous time -- mid-afternoon. I try to plan for healthy snacks throughout the day. At my desk, I have some nuts and things that do fit my plan, for quick protein fixes (protein tends to curb my hunger better and longer than carbs). And I carry ONE granola or snack bar in my bag (whatever works best on your plan), "just in case".

When I'm prepared, I find I seldom visit the vending machines. But even so, there come days when the planning falls through, or the situation changes so you can't follow the plan. Then you go back to weighing the various machine options to pick the best one for you.

And if it's a vending machine that you use a lot, like at work, you might give them suggestions about options you'd like to see in it.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #9  
I CAN do this!

Thank you so much ladies for all of your help and support!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #10  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome and I look forward to seeing you around. As for your question I think it's already been answered but I try and go for the pretzels. Allthough I'm lucky where I work they have fruit and yogurt in the machines so it's not all bad.

However if it's all bad choices then you need to set yourself up for success and plan on bringing something with you so this does not happen.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #11  
undeniably moby

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger
Anyway, the other thing that helps me is pre-planning. I try to eat a good solid lunch, so I don't get ravenously hungry during my dangerous time -- mid-afternoon. I try to plan for healthy snacks throughout the day.
This is HUGE for me. I'm so much better off when I bring my lunch and snacks with me to work -- I'm also not a big fan of eating first thing in the morning, so I generally eat my breakfast there too -- but I always bring enough with me in the event of those mid afternoon crazies. Generally a piece of fruit or some crackers and a lowfat laughing cow cheese will get me through, depending on my mood.

But having food with me is the main thing. If not, I'll go down to the communal kitchen and poke around, nibbling on this or that when it's not even what I want. Yeesh.
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome LB and congrats on your 3lb loss! You sound like you've really committed this time so good for you and here's to many more losses!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:57 PM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Plan plan plan. I take tons of food with me to work every day. All nice healthy stuff, and because I've got so much of it I never need anything else. I've always got a couple of spare satsumas to keep me going if the number of them I normally have doesn't fill me up adequately. I can now even resist free chocolate biscuits in meetings!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote