Yes I do it all the time 12 13.19%
I have tried it once or twice 25 27.47%
I have thought about it but never done it 17 18.68%
Nope, quite happy the way I am thanks very much 37 40.66%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #46  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

What I think is funny with everyone liking to be tanned and that it looks like you are healthier is that not all that long ago the whiter your skin was the more 'genteel' and ladylike you were considered. This was also true in other cultures, the whiter the skin the more high class you were considered because the lower classes were the ones out working in the fields and ended up with dark skin. I'm not referring to African people, more like Asians and East Indian cultures.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #47  
Winning by Losing

S/C/G: 263/208/150

Height: 5'8"

I've thought about getting a fake tan, but I've seen bad ones before where they looked orange and totally unnatural, but there are those that I have seen that look very real too.

I'm very white myself. My mom says we are in the lily white club lol. I do NOT tan ... I burn. The sun is NOT my friend lol. It doesn't take much to make me a crispy critter.

One day I may go the fake tan route, but I want someone else to do it for me I think so it'll be even. They have different ways of applying it too.

Sorry I wasn't much help but wanted to tell ya I can related lol.
karistiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:11 AM   #48  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

I have used Aveda self tanner and it worked great. I would mix it with a bit of regular lotion and spread it on. It did take a couple of hours to show, but it worked wonders. My neighbor uses the tan wipes and she looks great.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #49  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Pasty White Girl

I'm pasty white as well - I couldn't care less if I have a tan or not. I just figure I'll look younger longer that way -

I'd rather be thin and white than fat and tan!

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:04 AM   #50  

I just spent the weekend in Palm Springs, and picked up some tan - not trying to, just a lot of sun there. A couple of my co-workers tried the spray tanning booth thing in the past two weeks. The key seems to be exfoliation prior to, and lots of moisturizer the day before. They report that it takes some practice - both of them were VERY white, and had a "clear" applied. They did it at lunch time, and by the next morning when they came into work, they had a very nice sunkissed glow - not at all orange. I was amazed. It lasts for about a week, and you have to keep going back to maintain. Apparently you can tan through the product as well. If I hadn't picked up some color, I had thought about also trying it given their success.
MlleOdile is offline   Reply With Quote