Old 06-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #16  
2006 - Panda Remix

Nice to have you back Shelley!

Beating yourself up will not undo the weight you've gained - your clothes feeling tight is punishment enough! Good for you for recommitting and making your pledge here - that takes guts!

I too gave up points counting and began calorie counting - it really helped me to understand the nutrition and energy of food. After all what is a point? how much fat and energy is in a point? It was all a bit vague for me, but I understand how convenient they can be.

I also think a haircut is a great treat - it will really help to boost your self esteem!

All the best - check in daily if you can and you'll soon be in those 22's!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #17  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Shelley - Just remembered a link I'd seen and I think it might be helpful for you. It shows basic ways to make changes to your diet, ones that aren't drastic, but will make a lot of difference. Hope it helps!

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/nutrition/weight.htm
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #18  
beautiful

thanks for the great advice everyone! i dont know why i keep disappearing from the group like i do. i love this place so much! i weighed in this morning and like i thought i've been maintaining an 8 pound loss which makes me feel good in a way because its 8 lbs gone but it could be more. so here today i'm starting again. i haven't had any junk food today and last night instead of grabbing chicken nuggets or something to snack on i had stir fry veggies ... and couldn't even eat it all! and i will be checkin' out all the links too! i'm feeling better today and i'm once again excited to get going again.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #19  
Princess Gonna Bee

S/C/G: 306/298.2/170

Default Rewards and Attitude

Hey Y'all!

I laughed at the summary of IdealPerson's "tan fat theory"..

A totally fabulous reward idea: a massage... everybody join me, just say "aaah!" You can usually do 30, 60, or 90 minutes. A massage is DEFINITELY better than food!!!

As for revving up your attitude: Regardless of what food plan you're on, Dr. Phils Ultimate Weight Loss Strategies has some easy to follow action plans for fixing your "stinkin' thinkin' " But, he is very direct in pointing out it's more than just "thinking yourself thin."

I have realized (finally, I hope!) that this is where the biggest part of the battle is for me--in my head, I mean! I've lost 100 pounds, 50 pounds, 75 pounds on different occasions, but obviously there is something that has kept me from keeping it off. I think it's the voices in my head!

Actually, a good friend and I started calling those thoughts "the protesters" because those thoughts always seem to be on the sidelines w/ signs chanting all the bad stuff. So, a great deal of my journey is focused on changing my "internal dialogue" and "self-talk'!

So, to quote Dr. Phil: "It's not too late! You can do it! There's no shame or blame here..." and as he & Oprah have quoted Maya Angelou, "When you knew better, you [do] better!"

Later!
diamondgirl175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Shelly. You can do this. Just remember to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time if you have to just to get back on track.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #21  
...toward a better me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfla
so this is sorta my pledge. tomorrow i will take it ONE day at a time and stay on program. and if i have to come to the computer and send a pledge every night that i'll stay OP the next day i will do it.
Hi Shelly! Where are you??

You don't know me, but I've been thinking about you. I was moved by your post when you made it (I seem to identify with everyone's stories here!!). I understand the battle between what you think you should be doing and what you are doing.

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but I was wondering how you're doing? We've all walked more miles in your shoes than you can chalk up on a pedometer, so let us know if you need help!
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:33 AM   #22  
Live for the Moment!

Shelly - Great to see you! I've just ventured back to the forums myself.. I mean i've been reading here and there but haven't been posting as I've been in such a rut.. I as well am committed to getting back on track, so lets forget yesterday, the day before and even the week before. Let's take it one day at a time and look forward!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:57 PM   #23  
beautiful

OMG i went missing again! but its not what you think. I've been cooking, cleaning, playing in the pool, staying outside (i have the massively painful sunburn to prove that LOL) and most of all STAYING OP. it took me a bit to actually get started. i had a few good days last week and the week before but today will be my 3rd day in a row. i'm down about 8 pounds now. WOO HOO. so thank you everyone for the thoughts and encouragement. it really means a lot!

and about massages because several of you've mentioned them. massages hurt me. i'm not sure why. i can't stand people touching me (but i love touching other people LOL). i don't know if its psychological but i am very sensitive and anytime i've ever had someone to say "here let me give you a massage" i cringe the whole time because it hurts.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:23 PM   #24  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Good...No, GREAT for you, Shelly!

Hope your sunburn heals up soon - ouch.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #25  
...toward a better me!

I am SO glad to hear things are going well!!! Congrats on staying OP and losing the 8 pounds!

P.S.- I don't like massages either. I am so unbelieveably ticklish that it would be a really successful form of torture should someone want to extract secret information from me...
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote