Old 02-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Smile New plan of action

Hi, everyone,

I haven't posted here in a little while, mostly because I got so discouraged. But I have kept up with reading almost everything. I was basically trying to lose by following my own plan and making small changes. I did succeed in stopping the weight gain, and cutting out a lot of junk. But I was very discouraged because I was basically maintaining (maybe lost 2 or 3 pounds). Well, I just decided to dig out my old Weight Watchers materials and started to use them yesterday. And it went o.k. I will use you guys, my family and a friend I talk with each week about weight loss, for support. I knew going to the meetings, just for me, doesn't work right now. I feel like I have really decided to do what it takes to get to my weight loss goals. I am very committed and kind of scared---it is a HUGE step for me. I am following the points plan, for those of you who are familiar with WW. Just wanted to check in and let everyone know what I have decided. So hopefully you will see me posting some pounds lost in the near future.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Glad you checked in, Kathy! Please don't give up or become overly discouraged - we have all gone into this knowing its a real challenge, but also with the knowledge that we CAN accomplish our goals if we're determined enough. You've got some good tools to use with WW and lots of support here - we're with you all the way, baby! Good luck and keep the faith. You CAN do it!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Yeah Kathy. I went back to weight watchers (at home) when I first started this journey because it was something I had done in the past and I knew it would work for me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hey, Kathy,

Don't be discouraged! it is a huge step.

When I started, I dug out my Jenny Craig stuff and formed a plan around that. I have been on verge of making enough changes but without seeing a loss until I cranked it up a notch, that may be what you're experiencing. So you may be *this* close.

There's so much more to weight loss than just seeing the numbers go down, even though that's important too. But without dealing with all the other stuff, I find I really struggle to get the numbers down.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #5  
Learning to love ME!

Good for you for coming back! I remember reading an article that said dieting is like dating--it often takes awhile to find the right fit. I hope WW is the right fit for you, but if it's not, it's the diet that's the problem, not you! Just like sometimes you go on a date, and your date is a great person, just not for you. So you learn more about what the right person/diet for you is from that experience and move on, looking for one you can commit to for life. We're all with you!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Glad to see you back Kathy. I know how hard it can be to get started. So you have the hardest part behind you now. It gets easier as you go so stick with it. I know you can do it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote