Old 02-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #31  
Live for the Moment!

Very interesting thread!

I agree with a lot of the pet peeves already named on here... but for my personal self, the biggest is the looks I get when I go into a regular size clothing store (especially lingerie), and the sales girls are probably asking themselves in their head why I'm even in there. Another one, definetly the fat kids... or the overweight parents themselves that continue to eat horribly. There's one lady at work, and her and her family are very very heavy - she always whines about how its health problems then I see her having a Big Mac Meal Supersized, or Pizza, or anything else thats horrible for you for lunch!

And, another main one is I think I will be a little self-concious when I do lose the weight I want - I mean I'm sure i'll love the "You look great" comments but not so sure about when people ask about how much I lost, and tell me how much better I must feel?!

Anyways... i'm rambling so outta this thread I go.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:22 PM   #32  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

One thing that's a little tough for me is that I give myself one meal off program a week, usually at a restaurant. I order a burger and fries sometimes, depending on what restaurant we go to. I can tell every once in a while that the waitress is judging what I've ordered, because I'm large I shouldn't be eating that. I wish, personally, that people in public didn't feel like what I eat is for them to pass judgment on. It's a sore topic for me.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #33  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I totally hear you, Marge. Actually, I never really felt I had gotten funny looks or anything at restaurants (I used to be a waitress, so I guess I may be somewhat immune to it) until I started eating out with my boyfriend on Friday nights. In his job, he works with a lot of sales people who take him out for big expensive lunches on most Fridays. By the time dinner time rolls around, I am practically starving, but he's just barely starting to get hungry. As a result, I will order a burger or chicken sandwich and fries, while he (who does not need to diet) orders like an entree salad. It's the little role reversal of the girl ordering the bigger meal and the man ordering a salad that makes me feel more self-conscious when ordering at restaurants, but that's the one meal a week I really allow myself to splurge, and I eat fewer calories throughout the day to at least help make up for it.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #34  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

simple if you get funny looks of people dont' tip :-D i once got a look of a girl in pub when i ordered the 24oz tbone steak (blue ofcourse blood gives flavour) piled high with greasey chips and fried eggs she looked at me and then the plate then back to me with a great disghust in her face. didn't bother me though she was a stick insect you could tell there were more calories on that plate than she'd had all month
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote