Old 10-14-2004, 01:59 AM   #61  
Exercise Vidiot

Day 8 - still on plan. 1600 cals and 2 hours of cardio!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #62  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

A good day yesterday and good so far today. I got to the gym and did 40 minutes of cardio and a really good weight program.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #63  
Live for the Moment!

Well today was a day... It was a really bad day actually. Last night, I got that speeding ticket.... then this morning on the way to work a huge rock flew at the windsheild of the car and totally cracked it.. Worst thing is, we don't have the money to get a new windshield right now. Since Steve works at a car dealership, we can get it filled for free but its already cracking so we don't know if that's possible. And, work was insanely busy.. Had a 2 hr meeting in the afternoon that wasn't very fun...

Finally then I get home, to find Steve sick on the couch... and had ordered pizza for dinner instead of us cooking or going to get groceries. He was somewhat thoughtful and ordered me a pizza with Chicken Breast on it rather than pepperoni and lots of meat... So, I feel guilty.. But, I was 150 cals under for the day.. however my fat % was a little high. However, not to worry, I know I'm doing great and this is just a minor blip.

I'll make a planned grocery list tomorrow while I'm at work... and then go tomorrow night so that no more eating out occurs.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:02 AM   #64  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sounds like you still did good Celina. What a day I'm proud of you for staying under your calories. It's hard not to pig out when you have rough days.

I was on plan again today. I am having some cravings but I'm not giving in. I would like to limit treat night to once a month now instead of once a week. So I won't have a treat night until the end of the month.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:07 AM   #65  
Live for the Moment!

Awwww.. thanks for your support Howie!

Yes the hardest part is not pigging out when you have those super rough days.. I was even thinking about what I could eat the whole way home and was tempted to do burgers and fries.. but I resisted.. We really need to find something else to relieve stress and provide comfort to us the way food does... hmmm, maybe a thought for yet another infamous challenge for next month? Although, if we could solve eating for comfort, i'm sure we'd be millionaires...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:05 AM   #66  
Crazy Canuck

I'm impressed Celina - the way you started your post (telling us of the adversity you faced) I figured you were leading up to the "I ate for comfort" type of statement and I'd have to pull out all the "awww hon, just put it behind you and move forward" words. But, my sweetie, I read on to find that you resisted temptation and stayed on plan after all - yep, I'm impressed alright - good girl! Oh, and you too Howie, ignoring those cravings and vowing to reduce treat night to once a month - u da man!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:56 AM   #67  
Exercise Vidiot

Great job Celina! It was incredibly strong of you not to reach for food after the day you had!

Jen - Good for you for hitting the gym - I hope the rest of your day went just as well.

Howie - Good job fighting those cravings! I know how hard it can be. I keep staring with longing at my skinny husband's ice cream in the freezer. But we will all overcome this together.

I am still on plan. 1300 cals and 40 min of kickboxing for me today.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:54 PM   #68  
Born Loser

I am really feeling week tonight. I am posting here because I know if I do it will give strength. I am going to get pizza when I get off work. I have enough calories for 1/2 a small. I just want to stuff myself and I'm not going to give in. I will update you later tonight but I know now that I will do just as I said. 1/2 small and 2 beers that's it.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:14 AM   #69  
Born Loser

Boy it's dead around here tonight. I did just as I said above so another day on plan for me.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:45 AM   #70  
Exercise Vidiot

Good for you Howie! Congrats for staying on plan!

I'm still on plan, although my cals were low today. Had a nice dinner planned but I was able to get an appointment to have my hair highlighted during dinner time so I didn't eat. And I don't let myself eat anything other than my sugarfree popsicles after 8. But tomorrow will be better, I promise...
Old 10-16-2004, 10:05 AM   #71  
Born Loser

Thanks Lori, I never had payed much atention to the eating late thing. The jury is still out for me on that. I've heard some say that it does not matter. There reasoning is if you eat 10,000 calories in a week then your body will still burn the same amount that it would have in that week wether you ate them at night or in the day. I'm not sure though. All I know is that I eat 1 hour before I go to bed all the time and I can still lose weight at a good pace. It may not work for everyone though. Great job staying on plan though.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #72  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Howie you da man !!!

I really have alot of admiration for you and how far you have come. I just wanted to tell you that you look so handsome in your avitar picture (and yes I did check out your link The H Man - amazing). I hope you realize that your posts inspires alot of people, more than you know.

HUGS!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:10 PM   #73  
Born Loser

Thank you I appreciate that Leenie.

As for today I am sorry to say I am over my calories. It was by mistake though. We went out to eat for lunch and I ordered well within my calories, so I thought. I had chicken tenders off there low cal menu and white chili plus the salad bar. I did great at the salad bar. I got a lot of veggies. On the way home I was saying how that was a lot of chicken for 200 calories and that I was not sure if I could trust it. It was 5 strips. Kimberley tells me well it said that the appatizers go by servings and that they are 4 srevings. #@#@#*&^ is what I felt like saying. So now I am already 236 calories over for the day. I might be able to hold out without eating the rest of the day but will most likly have something later. Oh well I am still putting it down as an on plan day. I really thought it was.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:38 PM   #74  

Howie, that restaurant had a lot of nerve putting 800 calorie chicken strips on their LOW-CAL menu!!! That's deceptive selling!!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:15 AM   #75  
Exercise Vidiot

Howie, that stinks...I agree that it's deceptive to put 800 calorie chicken strips on a low-cal menu. Well, tomorrow will be better, and now you know the truth next time you go to that restaurant!

I am still on plan. 1500 calories, 30 min yoga, and 30 min pilates for me today.