newbie to 100lb club!

• I'm getting ready to lose weight and I'm in "preperation" mode.. if that makes sense! I have about 87-107 pounds to lose (I have two scales, they tell me different numbers, so I use both!), and I suspect I have PCOS, and it seems low carb diets only work on me, so I'm preparing to give up sugar! I'm slowly but surely weaning myself off it, and stocking up my freezer with chicken (on sale at safeway for WAY too cheap right now). I joined this site about 6 weeks ago, and saw the 100lb club, tempted to send a little hello, but chickened out and did the denial that I had to lose this much. But, I'm here, I'm ready, and am excited to meet people who are in the same boat as me! Hmm, also, I'm a 24 year old hot chicka from Vancouver, BC, I like to think I'm funny, a little weird, and as a true fat chick, I know almost everything about weight loss except how to actually achieve it. Oh and for all you Canadian chicks out there, I have the inside scoop about Penningtons (don't get a job there, trust me, underpaid & overworked!), like up coming sales, promotions, and whats coming in for the fall. Well thats a little about me, hope you are all having a good weekend/long weekend!
  • WELCOME, SwimGirl!! VERY nice to have you join our ranks -- we can ALWAYS use another funny, weird and knowledgeable chick around the 100 forum! (And try not to be too traumatized about the number "100" in our name -- you'll find that there are a number of folks here that either didn't have that much to lose in the first place but just liked us, or they've progressed to a weight much lower than their original 100+ starting point.) Good job preparing for your new life; planning is SUPER important -- when exactly is that starting?

Looking forward to hearing more from you -- I like you already!
  • Hey there and welcome to the group! We've got a lot of encouragement support and motivation here! Stick around, post often! Good luck
  • Welcome, welcome!! I'm a newbie too, so I guess we can start losing together!
  • welcome to the group sweetie. i jsut joined myself. THese people are great for motivation and thinspiration
  • Hey there SwimGirl, always glad to see another Canadian! Feel free to jump in with lots of posts.
  • I have tried to add my picture, lets hope it works! I'm having THE most lazy sunday in history, I got up at 9:45 with one of my dreaded sinus headaches and took some sinus medication, which made me sleepy, so I napped until 3pm. And it's now almost 7pm and I'm still in my pj's, but it feels SO good. I've been going non-stop since I got back from my vacation, which was about 2-3 weeks ago.
  • welcome, swimgirl! Looking forward to reading the posts of a fellow weirdo.

Good luck on your journey! Doesn't it sound so much more fun and interesting like that?
  • Welcome Swimgirl!

Great to see another fellow Canadian!

Good Luck with your Journey!
  • Welcome, welcome, welcome.

You've come to the right place.....just jump right in!
  • Howdy Swimgirl! Welcome to our group!!
  • Welcome, I am pretty new here too but have found these people are awesome! Great motivation