Old 09-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #76  

facingfacts12 I was averaging 1300 calories a day but I dropped it to 1200 recently. I count servings of food too and get at least 3 veg, 2 fruit, 3 dairy, 4-6 ounces of protein (or a cup of beans), and 1-4 grains, half or more whole grains or starches. I still eat out twice a week (once for pizza, once for Mexican) but I leave the chips alone or have just 1 with salsa for a taste and order carefully (veggie and turkey pizza on whole wheat and green salad topped with pico, rice topped with salsa, and refried beans for my Mexican meal most days).

Exercise is important to me because I wanted to be healthier. I was a little uncomfortable at first doing it and started off walking 1.7 miles on a hilly trail at the park. For over 6 months now though on my doctor's recommendation I've been walking 1 hr 20 minutes a day to get in 10000 steps. I have a fitbit so it tracks that and my heartrate for me. I started out burning about 950 calories a walk when I was bigger and now its about 650 when I don't jog (I jog now for parts of it). My resting pulse has fallen from the mid 80s to the mid 50s so I am doing something right. I walk with my mom so we chat and catch up during the walk each day. She stops at 1.7 miles and reads and I finish my 4.25 miles then (10000 steps for me). My resting no exercise metabolism now is just 1700 calories a day so I would have a much slower loss without exercise. I mix it up with 2 miles on the flat track at the gym then 2.25 miles on an incline of 15 at the gym and weights every other day or double water aerobic classes (2 burn 610 calories but they do a lot of arm toning in the class which I like).

Sorry this is so long, hope it helps!
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #77  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead hope you are feeling better

curvynotlumpy letting employees go is the worst part of any job. I hate having to do it. And I agree that time is going by much too fast.

Traveller congratulations on another goal reached!!!

Facingfacts12 happy to read that you saw some movement on the scale finally. Proof that you are doing things right.

gulfmagnolia good for you for keeping a level head through the ups and downs and recoognizing your body has a pattern.

Well this end of month has been a bust. A couple of bad night's sleep combined with extreme heat and humidity sapped all of my energy. This morning I am finally feeling more like myself, though the heat and humidity are still unbareable. Time to get back on the horse. Hope everyone will have a great day.

01: 3.3km walk
02: 4.3km walk
03: 40 minutes cardio
04: 3.3km walk + 35 minutes upper body workout
05: 34 minutes HIIT
06: no exercise
07: no exercise
08: 3.3km walk
09: no exercise
10: 4.3km walk
11: no exercise
12: no exercise
13: 2.9km walk + 35 minutes upper body workout
14: no exercise
15: no exercise
16: no exercise
17: no exercise
18: no exercise
19: 3.3km walk
20: no exercise
21: 37 minutes cardio
22: no exercise
23: no exercise
24: no exercise
25: no exercise
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #78  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Thank you darlings for the encouragement Gain is still holding strong, but so am I. Taking a little trip down to Florida this weekend so I'm expecting a couple more pounds to show. Somehow it's less heart breaking when you expect it. I intend to enjoy myself but still make good choices, fingers crossed

9/1: 212.2
9/3: 211
9/10: 212.2
9/17: 208
9/24: 210
9/30:

Martine I'm with you on the burdensome heat and lack of sleep. It's so hard, ugh! Glad you are back to feeling like yourself

Traveller KICK BUTT! I would sob tears of joy to lose that much weight in that much time. It can be done! "The breaks aren't hurting my progress" Thank you for that. Looking at the overall picture is what is keeping me from giving up.

Redhead I sure hope you're right and that a drop is on the way! Smart to do strengthening on the knees, our poor joints take so much abuse. Healing vibes headed your way

Facing & Curvy Thanks for the encouragement! On my own I can be quite gloom and doom when it comes to weight but being here with you all makes it easier to stay positive

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 09-27-2017 at 01:13 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Thursday!

Dropping by for a quick hello. Week one of the new academic year is almost in the books. Tonight we'll have our Transfer Fall Welcome where we'll easily see 300-400 students come our way. It's really a large resource fair that we invite our campus partners to but we add some fun things like swag give aways and a raffle.

Everyone have a nice evening. I'll be back tomorrow!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:29 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Hi ladies!! Checking in real quick... we are just a day away from the end of this month!! Finish strong everyone!
For me, I'm still not quite 3 weeks into it, but this has definitely been a game changing month for me because I'm finally DOING something!

Traveller, thanks so much for sharing - that was really useful and not long at all!! Thanks for taking the time to share your routine. I hope to be able to "work up" to being as good with everything as you. I used to be a gym rat... a long time ago. Working out at least 6 days a week was a way of life. Now I don't work out at all... other than a random walk here or there. I know how healthy it is, and of course I want to incorporate it in. My biggest issue is time. I will have to make it.
but introducing change a little at a time. a 6.5lb loss so far doesn't seem like much (especially when I know I could inhale a binge meal over the weekend if I went back to my old ways and gain it all back in one hour)... but at least its going the right direction so far... and I'm fighting every half pound! (My scale only measures in half pound increments lol)

on the bright side I've had some great readings on sugar levels that have hit "normal" (non pre-diabetic) ranges several times since starting. That alone is worth it for me! I can't wait to be able to look back and say I've lost 20lbs, 30lbs, 40lbs... 50.... the dream of it keeps me going! Some days are tougher to figure out than others... but trying to make it happen a day at a time.

gulfmagnolia enjoy your trip! Gotta live a little so it doesn't matter as long as you are right back on track - you have a great attitude

curvynotlumpy hope the Fall event welcome went well!

Martine, you've done a ton better than me in terms of exercise - I've had a big fat none of it so far! You're doing great because you're still on here and trying!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #81  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolishope you'll have a great time in Florida.

curvynotlumpy 300-400 people is a huge event! Does your team plan it all? Hope it's a huge success and that you get to have some fun.

facingfacts12 I'm sure it's so encouraging to see improved blood sugar level readings. And a 6.5 pound loss IS a great thing! All your efforts are paying off so far.

September started strong and ended wrong. And on top of battling fatigue and extreme heat, I let work get in the way of life...again. I even have to go in tomorrow morning for half a day on my day off to train new hires. We currently have 121 employees but are trying to reach 135-140, so lots of work involved in that. I must take back control to face this stress.

Hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend coming up.

Last edited by Martine; 09-29-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good Saturday to you all!

Many thanks for all the good wishes for our Transfer Fall Welcome. Final numbers aren't in but we are cautiously optimistic that we "swiped" in 500+ students via our check in system. Martine, we do indeed plan the entire event, but this is our sixth year so at this point we're able to quickly evaluate what works and what doesn't so it's a well-run machine if not well-oiled. However, it's nothing like the responsibility of training new employees. Now, THAT'S a lot of work! You strike me as being very organized and detailed oriented so I know it will go smoothly.

I completely understand what you mean about the frustration and challenge of not letting life derailing all of our good efforts. But how, how, how?

facingfacts12: I love your enthusiasm and am so proud that you're hitting your groove!

gulfmagnolia: I love your stubborness! You're a gal after my own heart! Have a great time in Florida.

Traveller: on the routine you've carved out for yourself and for not letting fear hold you back in your exercise efforts. Sound like your mom is really into getting healthy as well. It's fantastic to have a support system isn't it?
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #83  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

new thread on the way sorry
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #84  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Here's your October thread